Thread: CANNOT CONNECT TO PEER NETWORK PRINTERS

rogerj Guest

Default CANNOT CONNECT TO PEER NETWORK PRINTERS

I am running Zone Alarm Security Suite 7.0.337.000

My client here in Kosovo has a peer network.

For some days I have been unable to use any of the printers and cannot find how to fix the problem. What I DO know is that I CAN print IF I turn ZA off!

By looking in Help, I did Enable Component Control And reduced Program Control to Auto-Learn, rebooted, but this has not worked.

Any simple advice for someone about to turn 60 this weekend?

Thanks.

Roger J

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.0

zaswing Guest

Default Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO PEER NETWORK PRINTERS

It sounds like the network itself is working.
    Did you place the network in the Trusted Zone?
    HELP indicates to do so for sharing files and printers, and it normally works.
    See the Help button, Index tab, printers... which takes you to Network resources, Sharing. Good luck

Quote:
    "Placing a network in the Trusted Zone enables you to share files, printers, and other resources with other computers on that network. Networks you know and trust, such as your home or business LAN and known protected wireless networks, should go in the Trusted Zone.

Placing a network in the Internet Zone prevents you from sharing resources with other computers on that network and protects you from the security risks associated with resource sharing. Unknown networks and most wireless networks, even secured wireless networks, should go in the Internet Zone."

rogerj Guest

Thanks, zasuiteuser, that worked!

I recall now that I had to set up the connection a couple of times due to IP address problems, so I must have had the network as Internet and not Trusted the last time I changed the IP address.

Regards,

RogerJ

zaswing Guest

RogerJ, great. Thanks for posting back

Thread Information