Thread: zonealarm security suite makes my windows vista verrry slow

eezdva Guest

Default zonealarm security suite makes my windows vista verrry slow

i installed the suitw after it officially was available for windows vista...it works fine when my computer is on...but to stars or to shut it down takes long....and sometimes it will not shut down at all...i deinstalled it directly again....someone had the same problem?

Default Re: zonealarm security suite makes my windows vista verrry slow

Hi!please contact ZA technical support and report the problem at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform I am running ZASS on VISTA and apart from the first few days of use (ZASS needs to learn all your programs), I don't see a delay at shutdown.On boot there is between 5/10and 20/30 seconds delays as compared to VISTA without ZASS. I see delays at shutdwon whenever the Windows Defender in VISTA download and apply the antipsyware patches.And also when VISTA isdoing indexing ofthe system (very often).Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

vegasalien Guest

Default Re: zonealarm security suite makes my windows vista verrry slow

I ma having a different problem I installed ZASS on a Vista system and it went very smoothly. all programs that worked before still work (including Skype). the trouble is that it feels like someone poured glue into my machine. Pages load very sloooooowly in Firefox.
    Is this part of the learning process or are their Vista settings that need to be changed.

OTT I still like ZASS.

vegasalien Guest

Default Re: zonealarm security suite back to normal

After several days my machine is back to its old speed. It must have been the learning process. I shut off Windows Defender to stop some of the background processes and get a message each time I startup that I don't have any malware protection running even though I have the full suite. So far so good except for slow startup and shutdowns.

Thread Information