New here. Hope I have chosen the right Forum Section for this posting.
I am a longtime user of ZoneAlarm and Firefox and never really had any problems. Recently I got a new system with Vista. Firefox worked perfectly with the Windows firewall and Vista. When ZoneAlarm for Vista came out I installed it and since then I have had trouble connecting with certain Internet sites. Not all, but some. The load just hangs and hangs. Or I get a message that Firefox is configured for a Proxy Server (which it is not). Or the connection works for a while but when I leave it inactive and go back to it it hangs when I try to use it.
I have tried a number of things:
- deleting Firefox from ZoneAlarm and letting it be rediscovered
- deinstallation of Firefox and reinstall
These did not work. The only action that "works" is dropping the level of ZoneAlarm Program Control from Medium to Low. This seems to handle the problem. I am not sure what effect this has on my overall security. I am not that savvy a user that I can adjudicate that.
If there is anyone out there that could answer ANY of the following question it would be greatly appreciated:
1. Is there a way to set ZA (Free Version) so that this problem disappears?
2. Is there any way to set Firefox that would make this problem disappear?
3. Does lowering the Program Control in ZA substantially weaken my perimeter defenses against hackers/information thieves?
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)