Thread: Outlook err 0x800CCC0F intruption

jamesmorr Guest

Default Outlook err 0x800CCC0F intruption

Getting interuption err 0X800CCC0F when ZA running that I don't get when ZA stopped .Green Lights on both Outlook and Internet explorer. Have also turned off email monitoring.
    Latest ZA 7/22/07

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Outlook err 0x800CCC0F intruption

Take a look at this post - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...essage.id=8768
    - thanks to eric_dem for his testing procedure and sharing his results<hr>as well as Moovyoaz - http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...ssage.id=22002
    . Well, it seems we have several users/posts confirming/verifying the problem and the &quot;temporary&quot;
    solution to this &quot;bug&quot;, hopefully - ZA will get this fixed soon.<hr>IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO DISABLE ALL Virus Scanning; it is only necessary to disable the &quot;Virus Scans of Emails&quot;. That can be done by UNCHECKING the box Enable Email Scanning -

That Enable Email Scanning box can be found by opening Advanced Options in the Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware
    section and clicking
    on Email Scanning in the Virus Management section.

Oh, one more thing you can keep - Mail Safe should be kept on - it does not affect the error code/problem.
    <hr>Check in the 'E-mail Protection,Privacy and Web Filtering' board, there are a number of similar posts with the last
    two weeks.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 7-22-07 - House Of The Rising Sun - The Animals

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-22-2007 02:57 PM

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-29-2007 01:02 PM

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-29-2007 01:02 PM

qqinvoice Guest

I had the Same problem with OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6.0. More often than not, my email accounts in
    OE 6.0 were not able to successfully connect to the server. I did not suspect my Zone Alarm Security Suite 7.0 to be the culprit because all the early versions of ZA I had installed never presented such a problem.

After
    trying to troubleshoot
    here, there and everywhere I, finally, decided to TURN OFF my ZA Security Suite and lo and behold I was able to Send and Receive emails without a hitch. Now the dilemma was to try and figure out what part of my ZA needed to be reconfigured, as I did not want my Firewall turned completely off.Disabling the Virus Scan for emails solved the problem.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO DISABLE ALL Virus Scanning; it is only necessary to disable the &quot;Virus Scans of Emails&quot;. That can be done by UNCHECKING the box Enable Email Scanning -

That Enable Email Scanning box can be found by opening Advanced Options in the Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware
    section and clicking
    on Email Scanning in the Virus Management section.

chrismorris Guest

:8} I was experiencing the same 0x800ccc0f error at random on both Outlook 2003 &amp; Outlook Express 6.I followed the advice in the thread by qqinvoice.
    In Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware section - Advanced Options - Virus Management - Email Scanning - UNCHECK
    Enable Email Scanning box

This has resolved the problem.

Thread Information