Thread: Zone Alarm freezes Google Earth

Hybrid View

evrytan Guest

Default Zone Alarm freezes Google Earth

I use Zone Alarm 5.1, Windows XP 2005 Media Center, and every time I start Google Earth the computer is freezing totally.
    when I shut down Zone alarm, Google earth is working fine without freezing anything.
    In zone alarm program control, I give full access and server access to Google earth, but still when Zone Alarm is on, Google earth is freezing. I uninstalled and installed again both programs, but nothing changed.
    Is there any kind of configuration to make Google earth work when Zone Alarm is on?
    Thank You!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:5.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm freezes Google Earth

See this - http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=145
    - go thru the list of program settings and make sure you are in synch.
    Better to use IE 6-7
    instead of firefox.<hr>If you have any other anti-spyware like Webroot Spysweeper or SpywareDoctor with their real-time protection - shields/ guards, etc. you want
    to turn them off. For more info - right click ZA tray icon &gt; see &quot;Help&quot; this is your User Guide -
    check in Troubleshooting &gt;Third-party software &gt;streaming media programs<hr>If
    changing to server permissions do not work - 1 - Please try this, temporarily,
    putting your ZA's Firewall &gt; Main &gt; Internet Zone Security - change from High to Medium does the trick. &lt;&lt;&lt;
    2 - Sometimes it's temporarily shutting off the anti-virus portion(only) . 3 - You can try shutting off &quot;Privacy Protection&quot; - all of it. Remember to return to High/on position afterwards.<hr>Check out GoogleEarth - FAQS - http://earth.google.com/faq.html .
    and http://groups.google.com/group/earth...roup&amp;hl=en .<hr>Zone Labs ZoneAlarm
    Open ZoneAlarm
    2. In the sections under &quot;Access,&quot; &quot;Server,&quot; or &quot;Send mail&quot; right-click on the question mark or red X and select &quot;Allow&quot; for all GoogleEarth program/files.
    3. Once complete, everything should be green along the entire row. [ three green bars- super trust level]
    <hr>NaiveMelody NYC 7-22-07 - Listen To The Music - The Doobie Brothers

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-22-2007 07:59 PM

evrytan Guest

Thank You for Your input.
    Yes, I have Spysweeper and I tried it with shields Off or On, or the Spysweeper shut down,
    it makes no difference.
    Internet Zone Security was put to Medium, or to Low and still Google earth starts frozen.
    THEN I DISCOVERED THAT BY SHUTTING DOWN THE ZONE ALARM ANTIVIRUS, GOOGLE EARTH IS WORKING FINE.
    Now, is there any way to reconfigurate or to bypass the Zone Alarm Antivirus,
    as Not to Freeze Google Earth together with my computer? I mean short of shutting it down.
    Thank You, evrytan.

flyyourway Guest

Have you tried loading the recent most version of ZA and seeing if google earth still freezes te computer?I know 5.1 version was a headache in itself so that might be the whole problem.

Thread Information