Thread: Spyware Doctor 5 and ZASS 7

ghotiphan Guest

Default Spyware Doctor 5 and ZASS 7

sorry if this has been discussed/answered already......
    I had major issues w/ zass and pc tools' spydoctor 4, like all of us who were using sd4....anyway, i'm wondering if the problems w/ the 2 programs have been resolved in their respective latest releases (zass 7 and sd 5.0.5.259). I'm currently running the latest zass (7.0.363) on
    xp pro
    and i want to make sure that there are no conflicts w/ the latest version of spyware doctor. thanks in advance....
    Jordan

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Spyware Doctor 5 and ZASS 7

The real issue/conflict is that real-time protective elements/active protection/guards/monitors are competing to 'hook into the pc's core systems' and protect it; and both ZA Suite (firewall/anti-virus/anti-spyware/spyblocking,etc.)
    and SpyDoctor (and Webroot SpySweeper/ CounterSpy = the better paid anti-spywares)
    will often have this conflict - one of the thing to do is keep SpyDoctor's 'guards' and other real-time protective/monitoring elements disabled and let ZA Suite cover the 'active protection' - use SpyDoctor as a on-demand scanner or you can "tweak/adjust" to see which shields can co-exist with ZA. Occasionally, you can try experimenting - offline, with ZA Suite temporarily shut-down - open SpywareDoctor to all active/guards and see if the scans pick up anything 'extra' ? Sidenote ZA with Spysweeper - http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=23299
    .<hr>Sidenotes - from PCWorld - &quot;Die, Spyware, die!&quot; - Aug.21, 2007 -
    http://www.pcworld.com/printable/art...printable.html .<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 9-1-07 - Borderline - Madonna

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 09-04-2007 10:42 PM

Thread Information