Thread: Windows Very SLOW to awaken from Standby AFTER install on Zone Alarm

pxforti Guest

Default Windows Very SLOW to awaken from Standby AFTER install on Zone Alarm

Hi,

I just installed zone alarm for the first time. Since the installation, windows takes several minutes before I can log back in after the system is in Standby Mode.

Normally, to wake the computer from standby, I hit any key and within a few seconds, I see the login screen and can log in.

Since I installed ZoneAlarm, it takes at least a minute before I can log back in. First I see the blue background of the login screen for about 30 seconds, then I can see the user logins, but they are not selectable. After about another 30 seconds, I can finally log in.

This was definitely cause by za install; if I shut down ZA, the recover from Standby works normally. Any idea how to fix this? This is NOT acceptable behavior. I cannot wait a minute every time I log back in.

Windows XP and Zone Alarm Security Suite

Also note, during installation I continually got error messages
    "The ordinal 55 could not be located in the dynamic link library VSDATA.dll

Thanks

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by pxforti on 09-01-2007 09:00 PM

gaff_l Guest

Default Re: Windows Very SLOW to awaken from Standby AFTER install on Zone Alarm

Yes. I have the identical problem. Just installed ZA yesterday. Now unbearably slow return from standby.

tempestm Guest

Default Re: Windows Very SLOW to awaken from Standby AFTER install on Zone Alarm

Same here!
    But I had ZASS installed for a few months now and then this started in the last few days with 7.0.337.000. Did a complete uninstall (per forum directions) and reinstalled 7.0.362.000. But problem persists. If I shut down ZASS and turn off start at start up - the problem goes away.
    Also tried turning off all updates and the problem persists. Even turned off Smartdefence, also w/o luck.
    At this point I sure do miss NAV

From the online help:
    NOTE - If the slow startup/shutdown problem began with version 7.0.362, this will be fixed in our next release. Disabling on-access scanning may fix the problem temporarily but be sure to upgrade when the next version is released!

Mine actually started with 7.0.337, but I guess we wait for the next release.
    Lets see what comes first a fix and new release from ZA or a free after rebate deal for NAV...

Message Edited by tempestm on 09-09-2007 08:30 PM

Message Edited by tempestm on 09-09-2007 08:30 PM

tempestm Guest

OK - just installed 7.0.408.000
    so far so good - problem seems solved!

Thanks ZA!

Thank you for reporting your issue is solved...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tempestm Guest

its baaaaack!

Hi!sorry to hear is back. The best is towait the release of the new version, probably soon (no ETA)Or you can try the latest beta 8.0.059.000 (at your own risk)Cheers,Fax

vemish Guest

If it's any help, I see this on xp
    -
    ZA - 8.0.010.000, but haven't noticed it on a Vista machine.

Any predictions on a fix?

Thanks!

Hi!you are cueing up on last year post, this bug was fixed long time ago If you have an issue with ZA open your own thread, detail the version of ZA you are using (ZA 8.0.010.00 does not exist), explain you problem and what you have done so far.Clearer you are, more likely other users will be able to help you. Also use a self explaining subject.Finally, if you have a valid license you can contact free of charge the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Please use standard font size, otherwise it is very difficult to read.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 03-29-2009 11:03 PM

Thread Information