Thread: Where do I cancel daily scans?

brendonwp Guest

Default Where do I cancel daily scans?

My ZA started doing automatic daily scans a few weeks ago. I need to switch this behaviour off. All I have in my Advanced Options/Scan Schedule is a weekly setting. So how do I do this??
    I have checked my windows processes, and I have two instances of ScanningProcess.exe and one of vsmon.exe that read about 1.5GB after start-up every day.
    I've searched the forum and checked the FAQ but found no answers yet...

My system is:
    XP Pro SP2
    ZA Security Suite 7.0.337.000
    TrueVector 7.0.337.00
    Running on a Fujitsu-Siemens Laptop, 1.86GHz Centrino, 512MB RAM, 75GB HDD (15GB free)

Thanks!

Message Edited by brendonwp on 09-17-2007 11:34 PM

Default Re: Where do I cancel daily scans?

Do you shut down your computer every night? If you do you may need to turn off the auto scanning, and do it manually once a week.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

brendonwp Guest

This is a laptop that I take home every night, so it is shut down daily...

Are you saying that this is a known bug??

razzel Guest

<blockquote><hr>brendonwp wrote:
    This is a laptop that I take home every night, so it is shut down daily...

Are you saying that this is a known bug??
    <hr></blockquote>
    You can turn automatic scanning off under Advanced Options/Scan Schedule. There should be no &quot;x&quot;in the Scan for viruses/spyware boxes.

brendonwp Guest

<blockquote><hr>razzel wrote:
    You can turn automatic scanning off under Advanced Options/Scan Schedule. There should be no &quot;x&quot;in the Scan for viruses/spyware boxes.
    <hr></blockquote>

Just to clarify: I have used those settings to do an automatic weekly scan for over a year now. I don't want to have to scan manually, I just want to stop the (totally automatic) daily activity from ZA.

This is not the way I expect commercial software to behave - I paid for the full suite to save wasting time on routine maintenance hassles!

Hi!if you get a scan every day there is something wrong with your ZA settings and they may be corrupted...You may need to reset your database(see here) or directly install the newly released version.This way:1. Download the latest ZASS installer: http://www.zonelabs.com/zasuitedownload/(DO NOT use any download managers)2. Remove other security tools (even if disabled they can cause conflicts, e.g. Spyware doctor). You may want to install them after you ZASS works well and its able to update.3. Clean your registry/system. Ccleaner is an excellent utility for this. (http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?f=3)4. Backup your ZA settings (overview --&gt; preferences)5. On your current ZA, Uncheck "Load ZA... at startup" (overview --&gt; preferences)6. Reboot your system7. Install the new update (choose clean install).Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information