Thread: Program Blocked Despite Settings

meshields Guest

Default Program Blocked Despite Settings

I've had zone alarm for a while and recently I discovered it seems to be responsible for blocking Battle.net. In the past this has not been an issue, but since I moved zonealarm seems to be at least connected to the problem. To host servers with warcraft 3 on Battle.net you have to open port 6112 through the router, when I first did this everything worked fine for a couple of days, then for no apparent reason I could no longer host. For several months I could not figure out what on earth would cause this, until I had to uninstall all of my internet drivers and zone alarm, suddenly everything worked again. When I got time to reinstall zone alarm a few days later everything continued to work. Two days later I could no longer host games once again. I got curious so I just uninstalled zone alarm and I could host. Every time I reinstall zone alarm I am able to host for a few days and then it stops working. Is this possible to fix with the free version of zone alarm?

Thanks for any help, if something is unclear just let me know and I will try to explain better.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

term_inator Guest

Default Re: Program Blocked Despite Settings

<blockquote><hr>meshields wrote:
    I've had zone alarm for a while and recently I discovered it seems to be responsible for blocking Battle.net. In the past this has not been an issue, but since I moved zonealarm seems to be at least connected to the problem. To host servers with warcraft 3 on Battle.net you have to open port 6112 through the router, when I first did this everything worked fine for a couple of days, then for no apparent reason I could no longer host. For several months I could not figure out what on earth would cause this, until I had to uninstall all of my internet drivers and zone alarm, suddenly everything worked again. When I got time to reinstall zone alarm a few days later everything continued to work. Two days later I could no longer host games once again. I got curious so I just uninstalled zone alarm and I could host. Every time I reinstall zone alarm I am able to host for a few days and then it stops working. Is this possible to fix with the free version of zone alarm?

Thanks for any help, if something is unclear just let me know and I will try to explain better.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>

I have the exact same problem, albiet with Zone Alarm Security Suite, I can host games sometimes, and sometimes not. Sometimes, I host a game, people join, start downloading the new map, and then everyone drops. Usually, they just rejoin, and redownload the map, and everything is ok. But lately, they haven't been rejoining, or they keep dropping (they see, host has left. But I didn't leave, they dropped!).

Sounds like I'm going to reinstall ZASS in order to try to fix this problem, unless anyone has better ideas?

Vers: 8.0.298.035
    Prod: ZoneAlarm Security Suite

Thread Information