Thread: IE and Firefox - Enable privacy in Programs tab?

clayachin Guest

Default IE and Firefox - Enable privacy in Programs tab?

I just figured out why I can't connect to certain streaming audio sites (radio stations).
    As I stated in a previous post, I have my privacy settings set to high and I adjust my mobile controls per site.
    Even with all settings turned off, I couldn't connect to some sites.

I just noticed that if I disable the privacy settings for in Firefox 2 and Internet Explorer 6 in the ZA Pro Program Control/Programs tab, I can sign in and connect to the same sites.

1) Should the privacy option be disabled for Firefox and Internet Explorer? If that's the case, how should I configure the privacy settings within the Tools menu of each browser? Do I need to if I have my Privacy/Main tab in ZA Pro set to high for all sites automatically? For those I trust, I usually remove all blocks except "block scripts" and "persistent cookies".

2) What should the trust level be for those browsers?

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: IE and Firefox - Enable privacy in Programs tab?

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...mp=true#M46082

BTW I did omitted using javascripts to control web site contents in a browser. It is a little more advanced. Check out Greasemonkey or userjs.org for some ideas if you ever get interested in such things and details. Javascripts in the browser are not only for customizing your browser or web pages, but are effective at controlling content. Even the Flash blocking plugin for Firefox set at the default to block all can be set to permanently allow sites (or whitelisted) by using a seperate and custom made CSS file.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-27-2007 10:36 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information