Thread: Green screen

cityrover Guest

Default Green screen

Hi all,I wanted to watch a news video clip on BBC news.A pop-up asked for permission to use IE.exe. ( with a warning ) I clicked on 'Deny'Now the picture is Green,and can't be viewed.How do I correct this please?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

watcher Guest

Default Re: Green screen

Dear cityrover:

I'm assuming this was a ZA alert. If that is the case, click Program Control panel, Programs tab, and find entry Internet Explorer. Right click it and click Remove. Now go back to that video clip and try it again. It should pop up an alert again and this time click Allow.

Websites will also pop up alerts when you are not using a web browser the site is optimized for(like IE). In college, I would log on to some sites using a browser other than IE, click through several screens to get to an educational video, then find out when I go to play the video that I need to be using IE. On some, the webpage would not render properly without the web browser it was optimized for so you could not even navigate to the video.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Message Edited by WATCHER on 11-28-2007 04:08 PM

cityrover Guest

Hi Watcher,Thanks for your reply.I have removed IE from the list.I then tried to view the video clip,but it still remains Green,and no warning 'pop-ups'.

watcher Guest

Dear cityrover:

Well, the problem is not with IE's program permissions then. It could be the site is optimized for a different web browser than IE but IE still has the largest user base so that wouldn't make sense. Have you tried using a different web browser to view the video clip?

Another thing you could try is to go to Program Control panel, Programs tab, find the Internet Explorer entry, right click it, then click Options. Under the Advanced Program Control section, try enabling the 2nd option, Allow Application Interaction, then click OK. Try to see if this resolves the problem.

Do you know what extension the video file has? That would give me a little more info to work with.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

cityrover Guest

HI Watcher,Thanks for your interest.I haven't tried it on another browser,however I followed your instructions in the second paragraph.Unfortunately it's still the same.All I saw on the ZA pop-up was IE.exe. So I don't know the file i'm afraid.I'm prepared to live with the problem,I can get most news video clips,Sky,ITV,and newspapers etc.Thanks for your help,very much appreciated.Kind Regardscityrover

cityrover Guest

Watcher,I have downloaded the basic edition of 'real player' as that was an alternative choice.I can now access other sites as well.
    Many thanks.cityrover

Thread Information