Thread: Program Control - Can't add new program

llockwood Guest

Default Program Control - Can't add new program

Hi
    Since the lastest ZoneAlarm Pro (Subscription) I've had trouble performing on-line Quicken transactions and do not see the Quciken Program in the Program Control list of allowable programs. I tried adding it manually (even though I would have suspected it would have been there from the last 10 years I've successfully used it with ZAP from prior pop-up approvals). In any case I can not add it manually - it does not show up even though it does not give me an error when I try. I can add/delete other entries so I doubt I have corruption. Sound familiar? Thanks for the help.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    7.0 - Latest available update
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

Message Edited by llockwood on 12-19-2007 02:35 PM

llockwood Guest

Default Re: Program Control - Can't add new program

So, now that I read the items addressed by the latest ZAP patch (7.0.462) I see that ZA addressed a "compatibility" issue with Intuit software - the authors of Quicken. I suspect this has something to do with the source of my posted problem with ZAP and Quicken.I paste the highlights from the "Announcements" section of the forum board below in case there are other ZA/Quicken users with new problems since the latest upgrade like me - (unresolved):

<a target="_blank"></a>ZoneAlarm Pro version 7.0.462.000<ul>[*]Performance improvements:<ul>[*]Improved system boot time[/list][*]Additional Stability improvements:<ul>[*]Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon[*]Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown[*]Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient.[*]Fixed various install and upgrade issues[*]Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates[*]Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software[/list][*]Ease-of-use improvements:<ul>[*]New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone)[*]Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours[/list][*]Customization improvements:<ul>[*]Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray).[*]Various other fixes and improvements[/list][/list]

Thread Information