Thread: Settings on certain programs are being changed back.

cthmustang Guest

Default Settings on certain programs are being changed back.

Hey. On a couple of my programs, the settings I have made for them are being changed back.Such as
    ZoneAlarm Updating Client. I change my settings to Super, allow, allow, allow, ask, and block.Then later I come back in and the settings have changed to Ask, allow, allow, block, block, block.Even if I change it again, it always will change it back later.
    Also on Generic Host Process for Win32 Services,Under "Server", I set the internet option to ask. But later when I come back in, it has changed to block.
    Any idea on why they keep changing back?
    Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

watcher Guest

Default Re: Settings on certain programs are being changed back.

Dear cthmustang:

Once you change program permissions, they should not change to anything else, period. Even if SmartDefense Advisor is set to Auto. If they are, I would suspect a corruption of your configuration database. To reset the database, do this:

Open ZAISS, navigate to Overview panel, Preferences tab, and in the General section uncheck load at startup.

Reboot into Safe Mode. Open Windows Explorer or another file manager, navigate to C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs. Delete all resident files with these extensions: .RDB, .ldb, and .tmp. If you deleted these to the Recycle Bin, empty that now. This will reset the ZA configuration database removing all your custom settings. Reboot back into Normal mode. Open ZAISS and it will have its default settings as it was when you first installed it.

Navigate back to Overview panel, Preferences tab, and put back the checkmark for it to load at startup.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information