Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Localhost / apache (wamp) slow with Vista/ZoneAlarm?

  1. #1
    geefin Guest

    Default Localhost / apache (wamp) slow with Vista/ZoneAlarm?

    I've recently got a new laptop, a nice top spec Core2Duo HP loaded to the hilt. I do a lot of web development so one of the first things installed was WAMP. With everything else running ballastic, requests to http://localhost seem to be very, very slow. Minimum of 3s +. In both IE7 and Firefox (I have searched and tried a quick Firefox only fix that didn't improve matters).
    Some posts on the web seem to be indicating that it's ZoneAlarm that is causing the lag (even when off) and the only solution is to install another firewall. I don't really want to do this as I like ZoneAlarm and have used it for years, is there a known solution to cure the lag as I can't put up with it much longer
    Cheers!Graeme.

    Operating System:Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

  2. #2
    greenhat Guest

    Default Re: Localhost / apache (wamp) slow with Vista/ZoneAlarm?

    I get this too.

    Everything fine on my XP machine. Internet fine on my Vista machine, but accessing localhost on Vista is painfully slow. As a developer it's too slow to tolerate in fact. Switching ZA off does no good - it needs to be completely uninstalled.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: Localhost / apache (wamp) slow with Vista/ZoneAlarm?


    <blockquote><hr>geefin wrote:
    I've recently got a new laptop, a nice top spec Core2Duo HP loaded to the hilt. I do a lot of web development so one of the first things installed was WAMP. With everything else running ballastic, requests to http://localhost seem to be very, very slow. Minimum of 3s +. In both IE7 and Firefox (I have searched and tried a quick Firefox only fix that didn't improve matters).
    Some posts on the web seem to be indicating that it's ZoneAlarm that is causing the lag (even when off) and the only solution is to install another firewall. I don't really want to do this as I like ZoneAlarm and have used it for years, is there a known solution to cure the lag as I can't put up with it much longer
    Cheers!Graeme.

    Operating System:
    Windows Vista Business
    Software Version:
    7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

    <hr></blockquote>


    Since you are using the ZA Free, try it this way. Add the 0.0.0.0 IP as Trusted in the Zones with a Description of NonRoute.
    Next make sure the Firefox and the IE and the WAMP each have Trusted Server allowed or green checked. Do the same for the explorer, services,svchost and the winlogon.

    Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,057

    Default Re: Localhost / apache (wamp) slow with Vista/ZoneAlarm?


    <blockquote><hr>GreenHat wrote:
    I get this too.

    Everything fine on my XP machine. Internet fine on my Vista machine, but accessing localhost on Vista is painfully slow. As a developer it's too slow to tolerate in fact. Switching ZA off does no good - it needs to be completely uninstalled.
    <hr></blockquote>
    Which version - free or subscription? Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

  5. #5
    dodgerld Guest

    Default Re: Localhost / apache (wamp) slow with Vista/ZoneAlarm?

    Hi Oldsod,

    Do you know whether or not this issue will be fixed in future releases of ZA Free?

    Thanks,

    Glen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,465

    Default Re: Localhost / apache (wamp) slow with Vista/ZoneAlarm?


    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>DodgerLD wrote:
    Hi Oldsod,

    Do you know whether or not this issue will be fixed in future releases of ZA Free?

    Thanks,

    Glen.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1.) This User Forum exist For Experienced Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users.. Sorry, But The Participants of the Forum, including the Guru's are not Employees of Check Point, and have no Prior knowledge of Program Development.
    2.) ZA Tech Support and Custmer Service do notRead this Forum..There two Seperate Web-links for those two services for Customers with a Paid License Key...3.) I Operated Several Web-Servers on Windows XP Inclusing Apache with ZoneAlarm in the past, but not with Vista OS..What worked for me is Proper Configuration Of ZoneAlarm.. By Making Sure the IP, DNS and Local Host have TRUSTED Zone in the ZA FireWall/Zones area..Next, Program Control/Program Tab Controls Access by any program that has Access to the Internet..NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights (no Internet Server Rights)c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:


    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.015.000 32-Bit (BETA)
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:957182966
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4375
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4375 &lt;== New Update
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •