Thread: Cannot add Program Control

timmor Guest

Default Cannot add Program Control

I have a Dell A940 printer and since I installed ZA it will warn me about LEXPPS.EXE wanting to access the network. I have tried clicking the remember this setting in the warning box and adding in program control but when I go back to program control it is not there.Any one know how to get the warning to go away?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Cannot add Program Control

<blockquote><hr>Timmor wrote:
    I have a Dell A940 printer and since I installed ZA it will warn me about LEXPPS.EXE wanting to access the network. I have tried clicking the remember this setting in the warning box and adding in program control but when I go back to program control it is not there.Any one know how to get the warning to go away?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

Any chance their is a "Lexmark Printer Sharing" listed in the ZA Program listing? This the usual name for the LEXPPS.EXE file.

Once you found it, then check the Trusted and Internet Access and the Trusted Server next to it.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

timmor Guest

No Lexmark Printer Sharing in Program list

Sounds like the ZA database has become corrupted. Best to remove it and start over or fresh again.[*]Boot your computer into the Safe Mode[*]Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder[*]Delete the backup.rdb, iamdb.rdb, *.ldb and the tvDebug files in the folder[*]Clean the Recycle Bin[*]Reboot into the normal mode[*]ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

It should see the newer applications and list them again properly.

Cheers, Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information