Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tweeking (still) Programs Settings

Default Re: Tweeking (still) Programs Settings

It's really the files that can cause issues with upgrades or installs, not folders. The Java will naturally as with any application create folders and directories where needed.
    I suppose you have not the SE (simple edition) or end users version of Java and perhaps a developers version? This may explain the differences.
    Perhaps your java install was with an online installer, not the download installer?
    Using Add and Remove is the usual preferred method. Unless there is a proper uninstaller with the application) or if using some other methods of uninstalling (Windows Installer Clean Up Application or several others).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

kathym Guest

Oldsod,
    The Java I installed was from http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
    (Java 6 update 5 for Windows). What I can't remember is if I clicked the big green button that automated everything or went to a different page - there appears (without my trying it now) that there is available the choice to download then install.
    I know nothing about Java -- as far as my skillsets go... I'm comfy with Photoshop and print graphics programs. In a round-about way, this all started when I realized that a website I designed has drop-down menus that won't drop down, depending upon Browser settings and Javascript disabled. And at the same time - I was realizing that I very well will join that growing minority of people to disable it... I've been learning as I go. I know thst large corporate websites and their designers/programmers
    have a team approach to address alot of issues... the few websites I have done are simple by comparison, and it isn't realistic that I can try to emulate what they do.
    I try to view the webpages in a handful of the more common programs, with different mobile code on/off.
    You asked about 'keeping up" -- I'm not even in that league. I've learned alot - but also realize I need to learn how to delegate my time for what I am best at and not go crazy.
    I don't dislike technology, but there are so many new innovations... every day. That really is impressive... my standard response is "just Google it"... anything, cure for hiccups or... Zone Alarm experts!

Yes things are most certainly changing - web site design, the internet, hardware, design and trends in general. But one thing is timeless...

That will never change.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information