Thread: Windows Live Hotmail - Can't Delete Mail

Hybrid View

obiter Guest

Default Windows Live Hotmail - Can't Delete Mail

I'm running:
    Windows XP + SP2Zonealarm ISS v7IE7
    Two issues:1. when I log into Hotmail, I get directed to a blank page with the message "Object Moved Here" - I click and go to the Inbox. Is this a ZISS issue and if so, how can I avoid it?
    2. more importantly, my mailboxes are filling to overflowing. I can't delete mail. Keep getting the nag messages from Hotmail about allowing cookies etc but it makes no difference. BTW, I don't run Hotmail through Outlook Express and don't want to. I strongly suspect this is a ZISS issue and all help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Windows Live Hotmail - Can't Delete Mail

Seems to be an issue which appears to be resolved by 'temporarily' shutting off the main tab for ZA Cookie Control (to OFF) and it also helped to disable ADBlocking to (OFF) also.<hr>See/ click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...essage.id=9766
    - read thru. Make notes of cookies discussed and kept.<hr>Other considerations: in ZA program - IE6/7 - three green checks, Access - two green checks, Server - two &quot; ? &quot;, Mail - green check . Also see this &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=145<hr>I guess when your about to run a Hotmail session, you would need to temporarily make those two adjustments and then return to normal settings afterwards.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 3-17-08 - The Letter - The Box Tops

moffy Guest

Default Re: Windows Live Hotmail - Can't Delete Mail

If its any help, I get exactly the same. I dont run it through outlook either and also get &quot;object moved to here&quot;.I have found that when you push delete once ,it does not delete. But then, when I use the
    back button
    ( which brings back the selected mails to delete) if I push delete again, It then does delete them.I have to go through this every time and have just got used to it.!!
    (My cookie settings are medium and ad blocking is on by the way)Moffy

Thread Information