Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ServU FTP Server Blocked

petergoode Guest

Default Re: ServU FTP Server Blocked_edited. (servudaemon.exe is the probable culprit)

Version 4.1 does show RhinoSoft as the company of record...
    Although I am not too "happy" about all the time consumed by me, and others who have tried to help, at least we DO have the intellectual satisfaction of having what seems to be a definitive explanation.
    <g>
    Thanks for this and other help you have offered...hope I won't have to post any more "problems" for a long while!
    pg

Default Re: ServU FTP Server Blocked_edited. (servudaemon.exe is the probable culprit)

Thank You..Your always welcome here..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thank you George for forwarding my coutesies.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

wipa Guest

Default Re: ServU FTP Server Blocked - SOLUTION (tested and working)

Hi, wanted to post a solution, that helped me to get ZoneAlarm stop blocking Serv-U (v6.4.0.6)
    -removed all 3: Serv-U FTP Administrator, Serv-U FTP Server and Serv-U System Tray Status Program from Zone Alarm's program list.
    -Shutdown ZoneAlarm and restarted it.
    -Added all 3 manually to program list by Add button , then edited all 3 : first marked them Trust Level to Super, checked all to Allow (Access, Server, Trusted, Internet), right-clicked all 3 one by one chose Options, and on Security tab checked "This program may use other programs to access internet", "Allow Application Interaction", "Authenticate Components", "Authenticate program by path name only", applied all settings, and
    -shutdown ZA and restarted it, and launched Serv-U : NO MORE BLOCKING BY ZA. And, my program control is set to "Max." Smart Defence Advisor is set to "Auto".

Wanted to share this if someone still has problems with Serv-u v6.x.x and Zonealarm.

Oh and my version of Zonealarm is : ZoneAlarm Security Suite v7.1.248.000
    and my OS is Windows Vista Home Premium.
    My version of Serv-U is Rhinosoft Serv-U FTP Server Daemon v6.4.0.6 Standard.

Message Edited by wipa on 05-01-2008 05:53 AM

petergoode Guest

Default Re: ServU FTP Server Blocked - SOLUTION (tested and working)

Wow, you obviously put a lot of effort into this, thanks!
    For now, I took an easier road in absence of a better solution, and am running FileZilla without problem.
    Thanks again for finding an actual work-around!
    pg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information