Thread: Zone Alarm startup at windows sign on

lamper Guest

Default Zone Alarm startup at windows sign on

Within a minute or so , Zone Alarm activates and prevents me from doing anything else until it completes it's session.. This happens almosr every time I sign on.Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.5
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Zone Alarm startup at windows sign on

Reset the ZA database this way:[*]Boot your computer into the Safe Mode[*]Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder[*]Delete the backup.rdb, iamdb.rdb, *.ldb and the tvDebug files in the folder[*]Clean the Recycle Bin[*]Reboot into the normal mode[*]ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

But it is possible there is interference from another security application with some limited firewalling/networking features or there are applications attempting to obtain internet/network access at windows startups which the ZA would have to check and verify at that windows startups.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

lamper Guest

thanks Oldsod.Before I reset the database and to prevent additional problems, you should know that I also have AVG 7.5which also starts at boot and conflicts with ZA.
    Comment??

thanks

Not a problem with the AVG antivirus and the ZA.

Just disable the Mailsafe in the ZA and only use the antivirus's email checker - do not use both email checkers at the same time.
    Do not set the antivirus to update at windows startups or do scans at the windows's startup as both will slow down the window's startups and the ZA.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information