Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart Defense Advisor

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Smart Defense Advisor

Fax, No. Should be no problems with ZA at all unless v8 is totally different.
    Spywareblaster disables many ActiveX for IE by setting a kill-bit in the registry at the time you download (demand) their updated list. They just add IDs to the registry and go away. Bottom line - it doesn't run in the background, ever. Totally harmless IMO.

Ad-Aware free was okay, but that may have changed with the recent new versions.
    Usually the Ad-Watch caused issues not just with the ZA, but with the Spybot S&D TeaTimer.
    However the newer Ad-Aware is now including an antivirus engine from Avira. I do not know if this is antivirus engine is present only in the paid verssions or if it also available in the free versions.
    It is probably part of the Lavasoft moving to packaging a complete security suite to comsumers.
    I suppose even the free ad-aware will install a service in attempts to be more resistant to malware attacks and provide a scanner in the safe boot.

Spywareblaster from javacool is safe to use with the ZA as mentioned by zasuiteuser.
    Spybot S&D as mentioned by Guru fax is not that effective anyways and usually conflicts with the ZA.
    Not always, but often enough.

I never use the Smart Defense Advisor.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thanks for your comments.
    I note that you do not use SmartDefense Advisor - why is that?? Do you not trust ZA database of programs??
    What do other Gurus think of SmartDefense Advisor?? Do they use or not use??

Hi!
    yes, I use it and trust it

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<blockquote><hr>dogdog wrote:
    Thanks for your comments.
    I note that you do not use SmartDefense Advisor - why is that?? Do you not trust ZA database of programs??
    What do other Gurus think of SmartDefense Advisor?? Do they use or not use??
    <hr></blockquote>
    I never use.
    But I do know what and how things are happening wiht firewalls and windows applications and security.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information