Thread: ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000: Program Control | Programs

zauser_ Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000: Program Control | Programs

Thank you for a bullet-proof, secure application.

I was going through the Programs list in Program Control and found many programs that did not exist any longer. I believe that the majority of them were one-use install programs. Is it possible for ZA to automatically delete these from the list after a set period of time? It may be good to be able to log these somewhere as well after they are deleted.

Thank You... ZAUser_

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000: Program Control | Programs

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ZaUser_ wrote:
    Thank you for a bullet-proof, secure application.

I was going through the Programs list in Program Control and found many programs that did not exist any longer. I believe that the majority of them were one-use install programs. Is it possible for ZA to automatically delete these from the list after a set period of time? It may be good to be able to log these somewhere as well after they are deleted.

Thank You... ZAUser_

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..Please Submit your Product Suggestions Directly to Customer Service..This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..
    ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:963522831
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4845
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-Bit)
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4845
    A Vast 4.8 Anti-Virus Home Edition
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zauser_ Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000: Program Control | Programs

Ok... will contact Customer Service.

Thank You... ZaUser_

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Remove temporary files from program list

ZA will probaby not have an auto clean-up of program files (too risky and too subjective); you will have to manually remove all the temp files yourself...but something similar can be achieved by...&gt; doing a 'ZA database 'reset' that will clear out those files or during the next time you upgrade &gt; 'clean install.'&gt; The best approach - clean your program list
    a little while(a day or two)
    after the install/ upgrade; keep the list manageable.<hr>You
    have a big list - you want to remove all the temporary program/files that you ususally get after an install/update. All programs ending in &quot;.tmp&quot; , 'run once -/wrapper', 'self-extracting cabinet', some 'setup.exe and installers'={be careful some of them you may need to keep}(if they return- keep 'um). Give them all
    two green bars - each, the rest ?, then right click the file/program &gt; click &quot;Remove&quot;. Do not use &quot;Kill&quot;. One of the biggest 'polluters' of your list is the monthly Microsoft Update - with those ~ Windows
    Service Pack Setup
    - again give them two or three green
    bars in &quot;Trust Level&quot; &gt;
    the rest ' ? ' then remove after a day or two.
    For example - Malicious Software Removal Tool Update Stub - that you can remove after a day or two, but will return every month.<hr>Remember 'removing' from the program list does not &quot;delete or un-installs&quot; these files; it just removes from ZA Program list. You can use something like CCleaner - to actually clean these temp files off your pc - click here &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=155
    -and it's free.<hr>http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=182951#M9487<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 11-15-08 - Fix Me Now - Garbage

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-15-2008 08:42 PM

zauser_ Guest

Yes... Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, I did contact Customer Service about this.

But I guess I was not clear in the forum... ooops. What I meant is that when I looked at the 'Program Control' program list, many of them were not installed on my PC in the folders any longer. The ones I am referring to are mostly 'install' programs and MS Patch type programs. Permission was asked for as appropriate by ZA upon first use, the program was ran, then it was deleted. The program would still remain on the ZA 'Program Control' list, however. The actual list is what I am asking that ZA can 'clean up' for these already non-existant files/programs.

Thanks, ZaUser_

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ZaUser_ wrote:
    Yes... Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, I did contact Customer Service about this.

But I guess I was not clear in the forum... ooops. What I meant is that when I looked at the 'Program Control' program list, many of them were not installed on my PC in the folders any longer. The ones I am referring to are mostly 'install' programs and MS Patch type programs. Permission was asked for as appropriate by ZA upon first use, the program was ran, then it was deleted. The program would still remain on the ZA 'Program Control' list, however. The actual list is what I am asking that ZA can 'clean up' for these already non-existant files/programs.

Thanks, ZaUser_
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ZA has a Built in Fix for this..It is Acomplishes with a Reset of your ZA Database, that way Only the Current Programs on your Computer will be listed..ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information