Thread: QQ cannot run well under ZA 8

sunneers Guest

Default QQ cannot run well under ZA 8

I just upgraded ZA security suite from 7 to 8, and the QQ program cannot run well. It is always stucked and no responding. I want to set QQ to ZA exception, so that ZA can do nothing with QQ, but I cannot find the way. I've added it to Antivirus exception list, but it is not work. Any help?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: QQ cannot run well under ZA 8

Under the assumption that QQ is this- click here > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent_QQ
    - it's an instant messaging program. The following is excerpts from the link...<hr>&quot;Adware classification

Because of QQ's extensive use of advertisements and processes related to ads, it has been branded as malicious adware by many anti-virus and anti-spyware vendors.&quot;<hr>

Many scanners will detect &quot;tencent&quot; as malware - if you choose to use this program - please make exceptions in anti-spyware, anti-virus, spy site blocking. { I myself has seen 'tencent' blocked.} In ZA there
    may be IM security - shut that off. Look
    at your logs, if you see QQ being blocked - you can add the IP/ site to trusted; make firewall rules. Open ZA - look lower left -see &quot; ? Help &quot; = this is your User Guide - will tell you how to customize settings, create firewall rules, program exceptions, etc. -
    see trouble shooting - third party. Please read the User Guide.&lt;<hr>

In ZA program control - there should be this QQ files/ program - give three green bars, Access - two green checks, (and when your using it) - Server - two green checks, Mail - green checks. When you use QQ - open ZA program list - watch see which programs become active - then give full greens.

In 'privacy protection' tab - shut-off all privacy protection. Look at 'site list' and give allowances for these QQ related files/ make sure there are no blocks. Look at 'spy site blocking' list - look for &quot;tencent&quot; make exception if you see this anywhere in anti-spy or anti-virus scanners.

Also when using QQ - you may 'lower program control' to 'medium' and if you 'dare to' you may try lowering ZA firewall &gt; Internet Zone from 'high' to 'medium' temporarily while using QQ - understand this lowers your security (in exchange for free-er access)[ remember to return to 'high' after using QQ]. Understand - as the original link above has mentioned - QQ instant messaging is vulnerable.

Personal Suggestion: you can download a 'free' anti-spyware &gt; Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware &gt; click here &gt; http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
    - to keep your pc clean

<hr>

sunneers Guest

Default Re: QQ cannot run well under ZA 8

wow... so complex....
    I had reinstalled ZA7, and maybe I will continue to use ZA7, ZA8 do not have IM Security control.
    I knew QQ is a dangerous program, but, I am in China, most of my friends are using it. I need to communicate with my friend
    with QQ.
    Anyway, thanx so much! I will keep it for further reference.

Thread Information