Thread: [Solved] Unable to View You Yube Videos and Some Sites that I know are OK

norman24 Guest

Default [Solved] Unable to View You Yube Videos and Some Sites that I know are OK

Hellol all, I've been searching for a week now, trying to find out why I'm not able to videos from You Tube (When I was able to in the past) and some sites that I know for sure are fine... All of a sudden ZA is stopping me from doing this.. I briefly turn off ZA and all is fine with this... Any ideas? I cannot find the answer anywhere's... I am a registered user of ZA PRO....

Thnaks...

Norman

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Unable to View You Yube Videos and Some Sites that I know are OK

to the Zone Alarm User Forum..ZA Pro Needs to be configured to Allow those Web-Sites, and Allow Animation, JavaScript etc that YouTube uses..1.) The Program Control - Program Section and Controls Accessfor all of Programs on your Computer..Make sure that your Browser has full Access when it logs onto web-sites..NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..======================================2.) Privacy Section - Controls and Regulates Access to ALL Web sites.., and Blooks Cookies, Mobile codes, Ad-Blocking Pop-ups, Animation and JavaScript..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:966745070
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5085
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

norman24 Guest

Thanks so much for your reply George, I'll have a look at these things.. I am using Firefox and this is a brand new pc I built.. I'll let you know how things work out...

Thank you..Please Post back with your progress Report..
    GeorgeV

norman24 Guest

Hello George, well your input certainly did help and I thank you... The culprit was the
    "Mobile Code" in the s.ytimg.com that prevented me from viewing Youtube... I am not familiar with that site term and had the Site Advisor active... I clicked on a few videos and the advisor would light up telling me something, so I clicked on advisor and it would direct me to each Mobile Code.. I ok'd them till I was able to view videos...

I was going down thew list you provided and the Mobile Code was the one... I had a few Microsoft issues as well that I fixed and thought initially didn't need fixing....

Thanks so much for your help, very much appreciated....

Norman

Your Welcome..Thank you for Reporting back, I'm sure other users will benifit from your findings..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information