Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Settings for Settings for "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"

jyste Guest

Default Re: Settings for Settings for "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services"

Hi!
    What worry me is not so much the "AUTO" part but rather the green check mark for "Trusted Internet".
    I found in this forum an answer about this setting (from guru GeorgeV, august 2008) that svchost.exe should allow Trusted Server Rights, but no Internet Server Rights.
    But this may be different on my computer. Why else would I keep getting the green check mark for "Trusted Internet"?
    I intend to just let ZA do its work now for the learning time (3 weeks) and see what happens. After all, ZA has worked well for me for years.
    Greetings, jyste

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jyste wrote:
    Hi!What worry me is not so much the "AUTO" part but rather the green check mark for "Trusted Internet".
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Have the same...Nothing to worry about, this is how ZA central databaseautomatically set 'svchost.exe' in the latest version.Of course, you can always set it to custom and block server rights. Or '?'But watch out for any side effects.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jyste Guest

Hi again!
    OK, thanks, I will stop worrying, but of course I will look out for strange things to happen.Unfortunately I am not so very expert on PC's and internet, but I will do my best.
    I have now run a complete &quot;Ultra deep&quot; scan after the new install and everything looks bright. Only one tiny &quot;problem&quot;: ZA did NOT change back to &quot;Normal Scan&quot; by itself
    (as it has been doing recently), but I have done that manually.
    Thanks for all your helpjyste

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information