Thread: Basic program access controls

oldstudent Guest

Default Basic program access controls

Guru George V,In December of last year you prepared a set of basic instructions regarding "Allow&message..." settings. I've been engaged in a process of updating my browser, which has now been done from IE 6 to IE 7. My technician who did this update for me did not uninstall and reinstall my version of ZA, which is 8.0.298.035, so I'm in the process of checking its basic settings for the operation of my various Internet programs.
    In your statement you provided these instructions: "NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):
    a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service
    (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet access
    and Send Mail all need Green check Marks..
    I'm not sure that I completely understand these instructions. What are the exact correct settings for each of these programs? What Green Bars and Green Check Marks should each one have? If you could clarify these settings for me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Basic program access controls

Hi!please don't touch any settings, ZA is designed to setup permission automatically.Thank you,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

oldstudent Guest

I'll leave the settings for these various programs as they are. I will not change any of them. But I'm wondering in my list of Programs with their various "trusted" and "allow" settings why Windows R Microsoft Script Host doesn't have any trust or allowance checks for anything. Please let me know what the settings should be for this program. Right now each operation is being questioned.
    Thanks for your response to my request.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>oldstudent wrote:
    Right now each operation is being questioned.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!it should not be questioned. You should leave the programs as "system" or "Auto".The optimal settings are determined by ZoneAlarm. More you touch without knowing what you do more you will have problems.Have a nice reading of the manual, you will discover a lot of useful information:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...ser_manual.pdfCheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-21-2009 09:07 PM

oldstudent Guest

Hi Fax,I'll leave each of these controls for these programs as they are. I certainly don't want to create any problems with any settings that I make. I would rather correct or avoid any problems. I have saved a copy of the ZA user manual. In fact I have printed a copy of several of its chapters. It is helpful, but sometimes it doesn't get specific enough in regard to some details. Thanks for your helpful responses.
    Cheers,oldstudent

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Thread Information