Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Program settings for two Java files

oldstudent Guest

Default Program settings for two Java files

I just recently installed the latest version of the Java program onto my computer, but I notice that its two program files on my list of Programs are each set with questions ? These are apparently the automatic settings for these programs.
    But I think that these settings may be preventing some of my email messages from getting delivered. Here are the exact details for each of these files: they are both identified as Java Platform SE U 13 program files; one is cited as C:\Program Files\Java\ire 6\bin\jusched.exe, the other is cited as C:\Program Files\Java\ire 6\bin\jgs.exe. What should the settings be for these program files in my Zone Alarm list of programs? I think that they need to be trusted in order for them to work. I would appreciate some help with this matter. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: Program settings for two Java files

You could do a reset, ctrl+shift /right click on zone alarm / reset.Let ZoneAlarm Setup My Programs when ask.Let it
    Auto Learn for the 21 days.

Then follow Guru Fax's recommendations he gave you to follow at this Links :

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=10220

and

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=10222

When you change settings without knowing what your doing, is like opening a can of worms.

Good Luck, and Have a nice Day

oldstudent Guest

These suggestions are not very helpful. I'm afraid to reset the ZA program, and your advice and that of Fax is to leave my program settings as they are. The links to his previous messages were in regard to an earlier question that I had about one Microsoft program. My concern now is with these two Java programs. I haven't changed any settings, but I'm still not getting all of the email messages that I should be receiving everyday. I don't know what is blocking them, but this is a big problem for me. I depend upon several newsletters for daily updates regarding some of my basic interests. I would appreciate some further specific help regarding this matter. Thanks.

Charles_B Guest

It is possible database is corrupt to begin with.By resetting it might correct your issues.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Let it Auto Learn for the 21 days.You need to trust ZoneAlarm, when you do not trust your security software you need to look for something else.

If this doesn't resolve your issues it looks like maybe a clean uninstall and reinstall is in order.I see in your previous posts that you have a lot of problems.

" I have no other suggestions to give you." If you have a valid license you can can contact free of charge the ZoneAlarm technical support at :

www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Customer Service Live Chat at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Good Luck
    Charles_B

Message Edited by Charles_B on 05-02-2009 12:44 PM

oldstudent Guest

Charles,I ran the "reset" function, as you suggested. ZoneAlarm is set to Auto Learn in order to set the appropriate controls for the various programs that I use. I trust that it will do this so that I can resume getting the various newsletters and email messages to which I have subscribed. I just recently did a uninstall and reinstall of ZA and Java, so I'm not interested in doing this again. We'll see if this reset corrects my problems. Thanks for your help.

Charles_B Guest

One last suggestion.Try adding your e-mail server IP to the Trusted Zone in your Firewall / Zones panel.

Click Add, select Host /Site, enter Host name and enter Description, click Lookup and then OK.Maybe this could help.

Message Edited by Charles_B on 05-02-2009 08:21 PM

oldstudent Guest

Charles,I followed your instructions and added the name of my ISP, Integrity Online, to the Internet Zone. After clicking the "Lookup" link, I got a message that "Zone Alarm Security Suite cannot find Integrity Online". But I clicked "Ok", and apparently ZASS found the program, because it was listed as being in
    the Internet Zone. I['m confused as to why ZASS would indicate that it couldn't find this program. This is my only connection to the Internet. Should this citation allow more of my email messages to be delivered to my inbox? I'm
    not getting any of any kind, not even spam. What is the problem?

Charles_B Guest

I read in one of your post that you now use Outlook Express.Open Outlook Express under Tools / Properties /Severs.Here you'll see Sever Information.You will see the POP3 and SMTP.They should be the same.Copy & paste in the Host name in Host /Site.

Also have you tried turning off Junk E-mail Filter in ZA since you are already using Integrity Online email filter.

If this doesn't work, you need to address your e-mail issue to the following links :

If you have a valid license you can can contact free of charge the ZoneAlarm technical support at :

www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Customer Service Live Chat at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Good Luck
    Charles_B

Message Edited by Charles_B on 05-02-2009 10:01 PM

oldstudent Guest

Charles,The server for POP3 is pop.integrity.com, and the server for SMTP is smtp.integrity.com. They are obviously the same server. What exactly do I put in the "Host name in Host/Site? How exactly do I do that? Should I follow your previous instructions?
    I have not tried turning off the E-mail Filter in ZA, but I may try that if I can't get something to deliver my email messages to me.
    Please give me more precise instructions regarding your above suggestion. Thanks.

Charles_B Guest

In Firewall / Zone, at the lower right where it says Add>> Click Add, select Host /Site, enter Host name integrity.com and enter Description call it Mail Server, click Lookup it will show the IP and then click OK.To confirm after making entry right click and select edit or click Edit on lower right.

It should show on Zone Panel the following :
    Name : Mail Server
    IP Address / Site : integrity.com
    Entry Type : Host/Site
    Zone : Trusted

Don't turn off E-mail Filter in ZA.If this doesn't help I'm totally out of suggestions.You have the links for support.

Best Regards
    Charles_B

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information