Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Program settings for two Java files

oldstudent Guest

Default Re: Program settings for two Java files

Charles,I tried to follow your latest instructions, but ZA isn't cooperating. After going to the "Zone" controls for the Firewall and the "Add" control and the "Host/Site" control, I entered the name "Integrity.com"
    into the Host box and identified it as my "Internet service provider". I then clicked the "Lookup" link, but ZASS "cannot find Integrity.com". This is what happened before when I tried to get this basic program listed among the "trusted" zones in Zone Alarm. How can I get this basic program listed in the "Trusted" Zone?
    I don't know what is going on with Zone Alarm. It started out delivering all of my email messages and then evaluating them into the "accepted inbox" or "rejected" into the "junk" box. I no longer get many messages each day, and some that I usually got are no longer being delivered or seen anywhere. I have a long list of people, companies, and email addresses that are to be "allowed", but ZA doesn't seem to be delivering some of these messages. I don't know why.
    You have tried to help me, and I appreciate your effort. If I can't get Zone Alarm to deliver the mail that I seek, I guess that I'll have to get another software security system that will do so. I'll wait for some further instructions from you. No one else seems interested in helping me.

Hi!it seems really ZA is not for you. If you purchased the software directly from ZA than I would suggest you try toask for a refund.Unfortunately you started touching the settings and now ZA is out of your control.Moreover, I would be courious to know why you beleive is ZA blocking e-mails.Go to the ZA icon near the clock --> right click on it --> select "Shutdown Zonealarm....". wait a minute or twoNow check the e-mail. Do you receive the missing e-mail?If not, its not ZA blocking your e-mails.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

I enter Integrity.com it came up as IP 63.238.52.166.Try to enter as an IP Address in Trusted Zone.Could be your not following to the letter.

You can confirm by inputting 63.238.52.166 at this site. Just tick IP Address and it will confirm.It also shows other IP's for INTEGRITY ONLINE.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

This will be my last post on the forum.You can read the message in ZoneAlarm Installation as for my reason for my departure from the forum.

Good Luck
    Charles_B

oldstudent Guest

Fax,I believe that the ZASS program is responsible for the blocked or otherwise missing email newsletters and messages that I used to regularly get because it was this program that was in place to deliver and to evaluated with its various filters and controls my email messages that were well established with my preferences. Perhaps something happened when ZA went from its automatic learning mode to its maximum controls for the evaluation of email messages. I don't know. Anyway,
    a previous
    report of my email activity showed a drastic change over the course of a short time, as I recall it was about one day. I can't find any sign of one very important daily devotional message that I received 5 days a week for years. It is not in the "junk" file. It is not in my "trash" file on the host server for my Outlook Express program. It is not in the "challenged" box for ZA email evaluation. After being blocked from having his messages delivered, the sender of these devotionals may have removed my address from his mailing list. I've tried to resubscribe, but I'm not being accepted. I would like to use Zone Alarm as my security program, but right now it is not working very well for me. I haven't tried to check my e-mail delivery without the ZASS controls, because there are no email messages waiting to be sent into my "inbox". Thanks for your note

HI!I can't really follow your long messages. It is not clear if you have tested without ZA as suggested as well as not clear what ZA has to do with your inability to subscribe to mailing list.You may need some help of someone near you. Do you have anyone near you that can help to take care of your system?Cheers,Fax

oldstudent Guest

Hi Fax,I don't understand from my brief message, which is shorter than some of the instructions that I have received from several of the gurus on this forum, why you don't recognize the problem that I am having with the ZASS program. You seem to be uncertain as to whether or not I tested my email delivery system from Outlook Express without ZA. You must have skipped this sentence: "I haven't tried to check my e-mail delivery without the ZASS controls, because there are no email messages waiting to be sent into my "inbox".
    I've tried several times to get my local professional technician to update my programs and to fix my problems. He has been of some help, but he doesn't use the Zone Alarm software. He indicates that it is somewhat of a "pain....". I too am experiencing some "pain" and frustration in my efforts to use your software. I hope that this message isn't too long for you to grasp.Cheers,Oldstudent

Hi!
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>oldstudent wrote:
    Hi Fax,"I haven't tried to check my e-mail delivery without the ZASS controls, because there are no email messages waiting to be sent into my "inbox".Oldstudent
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, but now I am even more confused. You started this thread saying ZA was preventing receiving e-mal messages and now you say there are no messages? Cheers,Fax

oldstudent Guest

Hi Fax,When I indicated that &quot;there are no e-mail messages waiting to be sent into my 'inbox', I was referring to the time after my waiting e-mail messages have been delivered and my &quot;inbox&quot; on my host's server is empty of any waiting messages. It would do me no good under those circumstances to switch off ZA and try to get delivery of any e-mail messages just through Outlook Express, because
    there would not be any messages there waiting to be delivered. Please note again my statement in my initial post for this thread : &quot;these settings may be preventing some of my email messages from getting delivered.&quot;
    There were 3 messages in my &quot;inbox&quot; this morning when I checked my mail box on my host's server. When I opened Outlook Express they were all delivered with ZA activated. But I am still missing some regular messages that I am no longer getting. They are not appearing in my host's &quot;inbox&quot; nor are they anywhere else to be found. That is my major concern. What has happened to these messages? Why am I no longer getting them? I hope this clearly explains my problem.Cheers,Oldstudent

Message Edited by oldstudent on 05-04-2009 07:11 AM

Message Edited by oldstudent on 05-04-2009 07:15 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>oldstudent wrote:
    But I am still missing some regular messages that I am no longer getting. They are not appearing in my host's "inbox" nor are they anywhere else to be found. That is my major concern. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!yes, so what? I don't really see how ZA can be linked to the above... sorry.Fax

oldstudent Guest

Hi Fax,We are not communicating very well. I'm sorry about that. I've tried. Bye.Cheers,Oldstudent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information