Thread: High Contrast "skin" still missing

kritiker Guest

Default High Contrast "skin" still missing

I finally upgraded to ZASS 8.0.298.035 and was disappointed to see that the High Contrast "skin" still hadn't been put back. I guess I'll have to send a message to ZASS tech support. Didn't others find it useful? As things stand now, to see a highlighted entry in the sites list I will have to destroy the otherwise acceptable colour rendering of one my monitors. Otherwise I cannot see the entry that ZoneAlarm highlights. (I am assuming that it still highlights entries.) Of course it would have been helpful all along if ZASS had changed focus to that entry automatically. I guess I'll ask about that too. Anybody know anything more? Or is this a completely dead horse by now???
    Thanks.

Default Re: High Contrast "skin" still missing

Hi!I don't know which version you use but I don't see any option to change to any skin in current retail versions of ZA 8.I guess skin customisation was removed and developers concentrated more onsecurityrelated features rather then cosmetics.May be you can suggest to ZA customer support for future versions, I have personally never changed the defaultskin inprevious ZA versions, so for me is a pretty useless feature... but each user is different Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kritiker Guest

Default Re: High Contrast "color scheme" still missing

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:
    I don't know which version you use but I don't see any option to change to any skin in current retail versions of ZA 8.<hr></blockquote>It was actually more of a colour scheme than a skin and was available through version 7 and disappeared with version 8.<blockquote><hr>I guess skin customisation was removed and developers concentrated more on
    security
    related features rather then cosmetics. May be you can suggest to ZA customer support for future versions, I have personally never changed the default
    skin in
    previous ZA versions, so for me is a pretty useless feature... but each user is different <hr></blockquote>I also didn't really care about the various colours that were available but using the &quot;high contrast&quot; version meant that the line in the sites list, which ZASS highlighted in response to the &quot;... adjust settings...&quot; alert, was highlighted using a black background which made it very easy to find the right line. Now the highlighting is so faint that it is, in effect, invisible unless I adjust the colours displayed by my monitors, but these colours were perfect for all my other applications. I have adjusted the colours in one monitor so the highlighting now shows up, albeit in a very faint blue.In my opinion they didn't really have to change the user interface at all. I preferred the old one, through version 7. If they really wanted to focus on &quot;security issues&quot; then they could have saved themselves the effort of changing it. I'll live with it. Thanks for commenting.

Default Re: High Contrast "color scheme" still missing

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Kritiker wrote:
    Now the highlighting is so faint that it is, in effect, invisible unless I adjust the colours displayed by my monitors, but these colours were perfect for all my other applications.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!May be its a matter of the graphic card and monitor used, here I can see clearly the light blue highlight....
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Kritiker wrote:
    I preferred the old one, through version 7. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually I likethe new design... for users it is much more easy to find the options... before very few were actually realising that ZA had also tabs within the different sections. . As for the rest each users has different preferences when talking about GUI or design.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information