Thread: Can't open downloads in VISTA

Hybrid View

royedw Guest

Default Can't open downloads in VISTA

On May 9th I was able to download a software update, open and install it. Sometime after that something has affected my computer. Every time I download a file (ZA update also)when I choose the run option I am directed to another screen that tells me to: "choose which file you want to use to open the file" and a list of icons to select. In short, I cannot open any downloaded software!

I'm running 32 bit VISTA Home Premium, a POS (you'll figure it out) operating system/ I have tried system restore but the restore points don't go back to May 9th and the latest (June 30th) doesn't resolve the issue. I've been told I inherited a virus or trojan but I've deep scanned the system twice w/ZASS to no avail. Once a trojan was quarantined but that's all I've seen.

Is there anything that could be related to my ZASS in any settings etc. Thanks! Oh, I'm also running Forcefield

Roy

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

royrogers7 Guest

Thumbs down Re: Can't open downloads in VISTA

Me either... this began 'after' ZAES (ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.400.020) was installed on my computer running
    Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2.

I also cannot download any file in Firefox (3.5.2), I get the dialog box but the file name field is blank... but they download correctly using IE (8.0.6001.18813), I get the dialog box with the downloaded file name.

Another interesting issue: Quicken cannot contact any of my financial organization accounts, the Firefox browser is not recognized... I must manually go to each - go through the extra security at each site and then download the financial file (via IE - - Firefox does not work with this).

Very frustrating...

Any ideas???

Default Re: Can't open downloads in VISTA

Quote Originally Posted by royrogers7 View Post
    Any ideas???
    ZA 8 is not compatible with Firefox 3.5.X downgrade to 3.1.X or update manually to ZA 9.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information