Thread: Online Thugs Assault Sites That Specialize in Security Help...

Hybrid View

naivemelody Guest

Default Online Thugs Assault Sites That Specialize in Security Help...

CastleCops.com and similar good-guy sites are hard hit by distributed denial-of-service attacks.
    Article from PCWorld - Sept. 11, 2007 by Erik Larkin - http://www.pcworld.com/printable/art...printable.html
    .<hr>&quot;For two weeks, Web sites like CastleCops.com, which offers help to those hit by malware and also actively works to shut down malicious Web sites, have been under attack. In what's known as a distributed denial of service, black hats are flooding CastleCops with a barrage of garbage data in an attempt to overwhelm the site and knock it offline.&quot;
    ... continues<hr>X-(NaiveMelody NYC 9-12-07 - Colors - Ice T

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 10-05-2007 08:37 PM

naivemelody Guest

Default Update 10-4-07 - Arrest Made... - Justice Being Served

Arrest Made in Attack on Antiscam SiteA California man faces ten years for allegedly launching an Internet attack against CastleCops, a Web site that roots out scams. - Gregg Keizer, Computerworld - Thursday, October 04, 2007 07:00 AM PDT - http://www.pcworld.com/printable/art...printable.html<hr>A 21-year-old California man has been arrested and charged with launching a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack against CastleCops, an online forum and Web site that specializes in rooting out Internet scams.<strike>Gregory King</strike>, of Fairfield, Calif., was arrested last Thursday and arraigned Monday on four federal counts of attacking servers that hosted CastleCops and KillaNet, a Canadian Web and graphics design community. If convicted, King faces up to 10 years in prison and a US$250,000 fine...King, who went by the online nicknames &quot;Silenz,&quot; &quot;sZ&quot; and &quot;Gregk707,&quot; reportedly amassed a botnet of about 7,000 infected machines. He used a variety of Gmail and Yahoo e-mail addresses, and even posted a photo of himself to his Yahoo profile. Also on the profile, King listed his latest news as &quot;I learned a little bit of VB .net [Visual Basic .Net] in school, but I still suck at it.&quot;...When FBI agents went to arrest King at his home last week, he fled out the back door with his laptop, which he tossed in bushes in the backyard. Agents recovered the laptop. According to arraignment papers, King launched the DDoS attacks from locations that included his parents' home, the local public library, a McDonald's restaurant and even a Best Buy store...continues...<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 10-5-07 - Bad Boys - Inner Circle

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 10-06-2007 01:06 AM

weebit Guest

Default Re: Update 10-4-07 - Arrest Made... - Justice Being Served

His hobbies now say...

Hobbies:
    Please leave me the **** alone. im innocent.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/gregk707

He has federal charges not State charges. More than likely he was arrested by Federal Agents. Which means their case is good against him I believe. But time will tell as always, and your innocent until proven guilty.

*Weebit bites lower lip, and sits on hands.*

naivemelody Guest

I just went to his yahoo profile, what a mug shot <hr>
    PS - If you're thinking of sending this bad boy an email - giving him a piece of your mind
    X-(
    - don't

:0 caution
    - once you send an email to him - he's got your email address on the mesage - and you don't want him to know your email address; unless you have a 'disposable' email address.

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 10-06-2007 08:27 PM

weebit Guest

Yes and there I was all this time thinking it was some dirty old man/woman spamming the millions, and it's this darn snot nosed kid doing it. sheesh. They are taught so young these days.

flyyourway Guest

It only takes one person with a botnet in the thousands,and since many people install and click on things they shouldnt people usually make it rather easy for that one person to attack other machines and sites.

prof_fate Guest

<blockquote><hr>NaiveMelody wrote:
    I just went to his yahoo profile, what a mug shot <hr>
    PS - If you're thinking of sending this bad boy an email - giving him a piece of your mind
    X-(
    - don't

:0 caution
    - once you send an email to him - he's got your email address on the message - and you don't want him to know your email address; unless you have a disposable email address.

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 10-06-2007 08:27 PM
    <hr></blockquote>I have two Bits of Sage advice to offer:
    1.) Don't ague with an *****, because other people observing the argument may not be able to distinguish which one is which?

2.) Don't give them a piece of your mind, you may need that piece for you own sanity..

Thread Information