Thread: Surf Safe

Default Surf Safe

Surf Safe

Don't surf in the nude or maybe you will be following the bouncing malware (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5).
    There are places that viruses and trojans hide on start up and some start with just a Buffer Overflow.

If you are interested then maybe check out the Security Beginner Articles and there is always some more about malware.

Get to know about things like Home Security and Safe Hex and some Virus Tutorials. It is good to know how to deal with stop bad Cookies, Hijackers, Unwanted Links, PopUps, Cross Site Scripting, Hostile Java Applets, Malicious Web Scripts, ActiveX, Browser Privacy & Security, Email Interceptions, and always Use Plain ASCII Text.

Learn some things about the World Wide Web Security FAQs, Surf Smart, know some of the Chris Baker FAQ, some Internet Firewalls FAQ, Adware, Parasites, Keyloggers, Rootkits, Trojans, Macro, Viruses, and of course the Top 20 threats for Windows.

So always Surf Safe and Browse Safely!

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-08-2007 05:38 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Surf Safe

EXCELLENT POST Guru Oldsod and that deserves a GOLD STAR.

Have a Great Day!

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: Surf Safe

Guru Oldsod, many net users like me will be immensly rich by this post. A five star post.

Thanks from my heart.
    jenaguru

weebit Guest

The thread is good, but why can't I bookmark it?

<blockquote><hr>weebit wrote:
    The thread is good, but why can't I bookmark it?
    <hr></blockquote>

That's odd, I had no problems bookmarking the page. I was using Opera.

weebit Guest

I use firefox and it was grayed out

weebit Guest

Ok I was able to bookmark it tonight. I have no clue as to why tonight, and why not before tonight.

It maybe wiser to not bookmark the page in the forum, but instead just bookmark all of the links found in the post itself.
    Sooner or later the forum will do a cleanup and remove the old posts - including the surf safe post. It will be gone in some future time. I usually stick things of this nature in special folders in the bookmarks and keep them handy.

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 10-13-2007 08:23 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

weebit Guest

There is a easier way to do this though. Only for firefox that I know of. Highlight the full text including links, now right click and select &quot;view highlighted source&quot; A window will popup with all the text including html for the links selected highlighted. Now you can copy paste this into a email as html if you have the source tab enabled, or you can paste it in a html file you can make and put it on your desktop. Or make a text doc, and include the tags top and bottom, and save as &quot;links.html&quot; including the quotes, and you will have it as html on your desktop or where you prefer. Just be sure to include the html tags.

Opera has bookmark the link and once clicked, then the bookmark explorer appears and the correct permanent location of the bookmark is then selected. There are other options in the right click - download (downloads and saves in the pre determined download location and just like the Firefox - save as a html file) or open in new window or new tab or background or just copy the link. But one of my favorites is just for URLs - just shade it over and the explorer has the option to go there immediately.
    Or just paste the url into the address bar or a new tab and the explorer has the option to paste and go immediately or just paste and manually go there.

Hey, both the Opera and Firefox has some very savy and unique features. either one are nothing at all like the IE.
    Cheers, Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information