Thread: Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.55 - Any Comments - PLEASE??

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.55 - Any Comments - PLEASE??

Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.55

Slow down, freeze, crash and security threats are over. Advanced WindowsCare Personal is a comprehensive PC care utility that takes an one-click approach to help protect, repair and optimize your computer. Scanning and finding what other utilities miss, it can keep your PC error-free and smooth than ever. This fantastic program is available free of charge

This download (Advanced WindowsCare Personal) is freeware.

http://www.soft32.com/download_120776.html

http://www.soft32.com/Download/Free/...-120776-1.html

SlyFox

Message Edited by SlyFox on 10-14-2007 08:32 PM
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

2. Default Re: Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.55 - Any Comments - PLEASE??

Take this as a warning or what ever. After visiting this page, as soon as I arrived a download window popped up. I am not sure how this page is set up, but my security is high. Plus ActiveX controls don't work on pages unless i allow them too. But heads up, because I take this as a bad sign when a website does this sort of thing.

If you directed us towards the download without first being able to inspect, then please don't do this. I tell my users to supply a link to the website, but not directly to the download. This is so my members have control. We have enough out of control websites online, and don't need to be bothered by this too. As always I don't mean to offend you in any way. This is just my point of view, your mileage may vary.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/sof...e&aff_id=0

Default Re: Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.55 - Any Comments - PLEASE??

That is sure strange, as I check out every site I post with my Security programs. NONE, REPEAT NONE showed any problems. FYI your info I DON'T POST ANYTHING that will hurt anyone's computer. Also, I see you use that UNRELIEABLE SITE ADVISOR, that also ATTACKED Zone Alarm recently. Hmmmmm! Before you start attacking someone GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!SlyFoxX-(X-(

4. Default Re: Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.55 - Any Comments - PLEASE??

I opened the link from Guru SlyFox.
    Nothing happened, of course, because I have most executible file extensions blocked off in the WebWasher. The extension .exe is included in that list. So I never see any strange or unusual events in my browsers.

The download popup window should show, since it is a download link (even a decent popup blocker should not block that). It should not be activeX dependant, but instead either html or javascripts dependant. Javascripts are blocked globally in my browsers and in the both Webwasher and Privoxy - yeah I use overkill, but I do use whitelists for my preferred sites, so it does work out OK, although at times it can be extra work. The html content can be very much filtered and controlled in the Privoxy and the WebWasher, but there is a limit to be reached before things become too unreasonable or impractical to use as a daily procedure.

I googled the site for reviews and the installer and both have come clean.

However, I do not usually link a direct download unless specifically asked first by a user. I will occasionally direct link if it is for a ZA installer from the Zone labs servers (just to save a user from extra searching, save them time and confusion- to ensure they get the correct installer version). But usually I just send the user to the page where the download is available, not the download link itself.

Both site and installer seem legitimate, so I cannot see any real bad intentions.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

weebit Guest

The siteadvisor was corrected as soon as they could, and this APP is no different than any other security APP they ALL have false positives occasionally. I stand behind SiteAdvisor as much as I stand behind Zonealarm. I will see if I can get this documented if that is what you want? Cheer up too it is not the end of the world just because you sensed negative vibes. I did not mean for this to be ugly. It is just that I deal with new users every day and this is just something that I teach them. Plus if you visit any website that has less than good intentions they also are known to do this sort of thing. So naturally my protection mode went into overdrive. But I will document this if I can find a certain software on my computer.

Your quote,"I did not mean for this to be ugly." Wrong, when you so called WARNED me and then WRONGFULLY Accused me of posting a bad site for our members, is totally Unacceptable. Have you ever seen any of my posts to anyone being negative or trying to stir up any type of trouble? NOPE! I would NEVER EVER post any type of bad site, like I mentioned in my above post, plus it would bother me forever. I have my Security Programs, plus the NetCraft Toolbar, ZA ForceField, and Phish Tank that I also use to cross check.

7. Default Re: Advanced WindowsCare Personal 2.55 - Any Comments - PLEASE??

I tried it out of idle curiosity. Seems OK but essentially duplicates security features I already have. The program did not generate warnings from ZA anti-virus, ewido anti-spyware or Prevx.

Thread Information