Viewpoint on Security Issues

The
number 1 point regarding SPAM was: 1. Do NOT click on removal button of known spammers, it only lets them know you are there. <div align="center" class="MsoNormal"><hr>

The problem is to &quot;known&quot; - how does one identify &quot;known&quot; spammers since the headers are often spoofed. Also, the one bit of advice with reference to SPAM is to never click on the unsubscribe link since it only confirms that your email address is valid and I question the validity and logic of that advice. 1. If the SPAM does not bounce back to the sender, then the spammer will know the address is valid. No need to have the recipient click any links at all. 2. I was receiving in excess of 200 SPAMs per day (often over 300) at one email address, bad enough that I considered abandoning the address. So I used it to test the &quot;unsubscribe&quot; effect by unsubscribing to every SPAM that offered that option. Bear in mind that the eventual effect may take many weeks to show up but my own experience indicates that the &quot;conventional&quot; wisdom is wrong. I did that test over a year ago and the SPAM level has remained about the same since then. On a really bad day, I may get 30 SPAM emails, most days it is less than a dozen - in other words I reduce the SPAM in that account by over 90%.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite