Thread: adobe flash player problem

Hybrid View

jenaguru Guest

Default adobe flash player problem

Back after long time. Hope all are fine.
    I was busy with a project. Didnt login but frequently visited my favourite ZoneAlarm forum.

Recently I formatted my HD and reloaded WIN XP SP2. In IE 6 & 7 some sites are loading slowly and some refuse to load. The cause shown is 'the website wants to install Adobe Flash Player from Adobe Systems Incorporated. If you trust the website and want to install add on click here...'
    I clicked on and installed from adobe website as instructed successfully.

Sometimes a 'Macromedia Flash Player' named dialogue box is saying 'A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 6 to run slowly. If it continue to run, your comuter may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?'

But I installed flash player 9.

The problem remains next time when i opened the same page or other page. I separately downloaded the latest version of Flash player and installed it successfully.

Before formatting this problem was not there.

Can anybody help?
    Thanks.
    jenaguru.

weebit Guest

Default Re: adobe flash player problem

jenaguru Guest

weebit, that didnot solve the problem.
    Anyway thanks for your quick reply.

jenaguru.

watcher Guest

Dear jenaguru:

When you reinstalled WinXP SP2, it probably had an old version of Flash on the disk or image. Macromedia was the software publisher for Flash before Adobe acquired them. You have to uninstall the previous version before installing the new version. See if the old version is listed in Add or Remove Programs. I doubt it but if it is located there, you can uninstall it. Otherwise, you will probably have to search for it and manually delete it where ever it was installed.

Hope this helps.

WATCHER

Thread Information