Thread: Zass for vista has 4 key features missing

kerryl Guest

Default Zass for vista has 4 key features missing

I just got a new computer and I went into my account and down loaded the vista version 7.1.078.000 no problems with that but what I noticed right away was in the key features column was that 4 were missing. My privacy -the ID protection-IM security and My parental controls. Za is working fine but I thought I did something wrong so I followed some of the posts instructions about getting rid of norton the proper way and reloaded zass , still the same. What I guess I need to know is does this version for vista not come with these 4 very important features? If not I am sorry for the post but if its supposed to have them please help!

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Attention: New Beta Vista version 7.1.218 as of 12-3-07

In regards to versions available - currently there are two &quot;seperate" lines of ZA products: the original -more popular XP/2000 pc line(that's what you have) is up-to-date with <strike>7.0.337 / (7.0.362) + 7.0.408</strike> &gt; 7.0.462 / 7.0.470 *. <hr>The versions ONLY for Vista is 7.1.078 / new 7.1.248*
    = exclusively.
    Even thou the number is higher, it is not &quot;better&quot;, it is not an upgrade/improvement over the <strike>7.0.337
    or 7.0362
    or 7.0.408 or</strike> 7.0.462 / 7.0.470 * that you and everybody else with XP pc's have. It's just two distinguishing call numbers, that's all, yes.<hr>There is a new
    Vista version
    - 7.1.248* as of 1-25-08 for ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    , ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (Free firewall)
    - Vista 32 bit OS - only/ currently
    . [ ZA Vista 64 is a 'if' or &quot;when&quot; = undetermined ?? When the time comes, there would be a 'beta' offering in this ZoneAlarm Public Beta Forum

- and you are welcome to try and test. ]<hr>Please be advised for those who have 7.1.078, the
    7.1.248 version is recommended for use; as it improves and fixes many of the issues that some users have.<hr>

<a target="_blank"></a>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.1.248.000

Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.<ul>[*]ZoneAlarm Pro now available for Windows Vista.[*]Compatible with Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)[*]Performance improvements:<ul>[*]Improved system boot time[*]Included a new anti-spyware engine[*]Fixed problems with AV on dual-core and hyper-threaded machines.[/list][*]Stability improvements in anti-virus:<ul>[*]Fixed occasional hangs in advanced dialog window[*]Fixed occasional hangs during scan[*]Fixed occasional hangs after repair of archive (or similar) on CD.[/list][*]Additional Stability improvements:<ul>[*]Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon[*]Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown[*]Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient.[*]Fixed various install and upgrade issues[*]Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates[/list][*]Compatibility:<ul>[*]Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software[*]Fixed compatibility issue with AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)[*]Fixed compatibility issue with Webroot[/list][*]Anti-virus improvements:<ul>[*]Fixed anti-virus signature versions not showing,[*]Don't reschedule AV updates after initial update completes[*]Fixed renamed items not appearing properly in the AV treatment dialog[/list][*]Anti-spyware improvements:<ul>[*]New anti-spyware engine[*]Fixed issue where AS updates reported the client up to date when the client had no internet access[/list][*]Ease-of-use improvements:<ul>[*]New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone)[*]Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours[/list][*]Customization improvements:<ul>[*]Made AV/AS update frequency configurable[*]Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray).[*]Various other fixes and improvements[/list][/list]<a target="_blank"></a><ul>[*]<ul>[*]<hr>For ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite - Vista version 7.1.248.000 was released to the public on January 25, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here. &lt;&lt;&lt;<hr>For ZoneAlarm Pro - Vista
    version 7.1.248.000
    was released to the public on January 25, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here. &lt;&lt;&lt;<hr>For ZoneAlarm Antivirus - Vista
    version 7.1.248.000
    was released to the public on January 25, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here. &lt;&lt;&lt;<hr>For ZoneAlarm Free - Vista version 7.1.2.48
    was released to the public on January 25, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.<hr>7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only
    ;
    you can use with 64 bit Memory Processors (AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)
    should still be 32 bit }<hr>[/list][/list]Hello,
    7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only
    ;
    you can use with 64 bit Memory Processors (AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)
    should still be 32 bit }
    7.0 (XP/2000) . = This is applies to all current XP/2000 subscribers. Do not attempt to install 7.1 on your XP/2000 pc .

Forum Moderator<hr>New ZoneAlarm

7.0.470 for
    (XP/2000)
    version
    &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645<hr>

You can download the update from our website in the Release History section.<ul>[*]See/ click on
    this link - &gt;&gt; http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...US&amp;lang=en[*][*]&gt;&gt;
    see Product-Specific Support [*][*]&gt;&gt; choose your ZoneAlarm product[*][*]&gt;&gt; see Release History[*][*]&gt;&gt;
    download that latest version.<hr>WINDOWS VISTA INFORMATION CENTER[*][*]See/ click here &gt; http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...US&amp;lang=en[*]<hr>Tips: For first time users of ZoneAlarm - [/list]1- Have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154
    . Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZA firewall product. This is an
    important step to follow.
    <hr>2 - do not
    you use any download managers or web accelerators( often used with dial-up) = [these conflict with ZA
    = should not be used] during ZA install<hr>3 - please list other security software -
    ex. - anti-spyware: Spysweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy, SpyCatcher, Windows Defender,
    Ad-Watch(of Ad-Aware),
    etc.= these should be shut-off/ shut-down
    prior to installing
    ZA;
    monitoring/performance software - system mechanics, norton utilties/ backups/ ghosts<hr>4 - did you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6/ 7 or Firefox or others to download? IE 6/ 7 is preferred. &lt;&lt;&lt; Better results, if you temporarily use IE 6/ 7 for downloading any ZoneAlarm firewall product. <hr>5 - in your web browser - if it has security &gt; trusted zone/ site list and pop-up blocker settings - adjust -
    add &quot;download.zonealarm.com&quot; to safe/trusted-site/whitelist

and of any pop-blockers software you may have<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC
    3-31-08 -
    Still The One - Orleans

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-31-2008 08:49 PM

Thread Information