Thread: is it possible to e-mail posters

jdoliver Guest

Default is it possible to e-mail posters

I would like to make a private comment about a post without embarrasing the poster. Is it possible to email a poster?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: is it possible to e-mail posters

<blockquote><hr>jdoliver wrote:
    I would like to make a private comment about a post without embarrasing the poster. Is it possible to email a poster?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Antivirus

<hr></blockquote>I have Good news and Bad News...For Privacy and Security Reasons Checkpoint does not condone Emailing other Users or the Public display of Personal information of Users...
    The Good News is: Each user can Edit their own Personal Profile in the &quot;My Profile&quot; section and can make thire Email Address Visable in the Displayed information.. which is turned OFF by Default..
    Statistics<div class="li-mod-body"><ul>[/list]<ul>[*]Date Registered: 12-08-2003 11:12 AM[*]Total Posts: 85[*]Total Started Threads: 10[*]Total Replies: 75[*]Total Page Views: 3206[*]Total Messages Read: 1655[*]Total Board Views: 358[*]Total Logins: 238[*]Total Minutes Online: 1685[/list]<div class="li-mod li-mod_moreinfo clearfix">---------------------------------------<div class="li-mod li-mod_moreinfo clearfix">---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.462.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.462.000
    Driver version:7.0.462.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.82
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:942890490
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200801.3175
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Default Re: is it possible to e-mail posters

<blockquote><hr>Prof_Fate wrote:
    I have Good news and Bad News...For Privacy and Security Reasons Checkpoint does not condone Emailing other Users or the Public display of Personal information of Users... The Good News is: Each user can Edit their own Personal Profile in the "My Profile" section and can make thire Email Address Visable in the Displayed information.. which is turned OFF by Default..
    <hr></blockquote>
    Don't ever post your e-mail address (even in your signature) as your post will then contravene the Terms of Service and will be deleted. However, do feel free to make it available in your profile (what you see when you click on a user's name) as the good Professor has indicated. You can also publish your Instant Messenger handles there as well. You just have to hope the person whom you wish to contact has done likewise.

Thread Information