Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Date and time in the system clock tray area - FREE

zaswing Guest

Default Date and time in the system clock tray area - FREE

Ever been annoyed about no date in the system clock?
    You take that most important full screen shot and oooops! there's no date? 'cause you forgot to right click the baloon or double the height of the task bar?
    Well, no more. Simple, elegant, eight years old solution using DDE (Dynamic data exchange between applications/services)
    http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/

ZA will ask for permission to mess with the explorer.exe immediately after you type the logon password. Or give it three green bars.

Wanna see how the tiny thing looks?
    http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/5...lockex3at5.jpg
    http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9...lockex7pp5.jpg

Edit: I added FREE to the title 'cause it is

Message Edited by zasuiteuser on 03-11-2008 10:33 PM

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Date and time in the system clock tray area

HEY ZAsuiteuser,

Cool program to bad I am already using Atomic clock,like it alot better and has alot of cool features.heres a sceen shot.

<blockquote><hr>FlyYourWay wrote:
    HEY ZAsuiteuser,

Cool program to bad I am already using Atomic clock,like it alot better and has alot of cool features.heres a sceen shot.

<hr></blockquote>
    I use the less featured transclock.exe. Simple clock with no date, just a desktop clock. I hide the windows clock in the tray.

But I do have the windows time/date button in the opera browser's personal bar.

I did consider using the atomic clock.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

weebit Guest

so where is the one you have that is feature rich? I have looked for it and many website offer this, but I don't know if it has the extra features or not, and the websites don't mention them. mainly mention how often it checks, and accuracy.

flyyourway Guest

Hey WEEBIT,

Sorry this be the site addy&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; http://www.drive-software.com/atomicalarmclock.html

weebit Guest

Thank You!

zaswing Guest

weebit &amp; FlyYourWay, Very cute, that atomic alarm clock, can wake you up, if you sleep with a computer. Very nice assortment of display formats plus can play MP3.

My requirement was MUCH simpler: ADD A DATE that's there ALL the time (unless I shut it off). That's it. TClockEx meets my requirements 100%.
    TClockEx actually bloated it a bit with a right-click to a simple calendar and more date/time formats than I though of, but I can live with that

Oldsod, I tried Opera widgets for a date. Many are goldious, but not small and they go away if you close Opera, is that your experience?

<blockquote><hr>zasuiteuser wrote:
    weebit & FlyYourWay, Very cute, that atomic alarm clock, can wake you up, if you sleep with a computer. Very nice assortment of display formats plus can play MP3.

My requirement was MUCH simpler: ADD A DATE that's there ALL the time (unless I shut it off). That's it. TClockEx meets my requirements 100&#37;.
    TClockEx actually bloated it a bit with a right-click to a simple calendar and more date/time formats than I though of, but I can live with that

Oldsod, I tried Opera widgets for a date. Many are goldious, but not small and they go away if you close Opera, is that your experience?
    <hr></blockquote>

Me too. All I wanted was a simple clock on the desktop. With some simple configuring added in. Transclock had that - but no calender. It directly works from the windows time not any outside server. It does appear in all windows or panels always at the same location where it is placed on the desktop. So the clock is always there at all times. It has the alarm and play a media file for the alarm stuff - but I never use this (if I sleep, I want to sleep!).
    OTOH, I don't need a date/calendar on the desktop - plenty of those in other applications.

Opera widgets - never use these. Instead look the Time/Date button under Windows Control Panel section at

http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Buttons/buttons.html

this adds the native windows time/date for the "My Buttons" of Opera. I added mine to the Personal toolbar for convience. It does not appear when the Opera is closed of course. Added this for checking the date while in the opera and don't want to check else where.

Cheers,
    Oldsod.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 03-11-2008 12:17 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

flyyourway Guest

I love light and easy,but when its given to me for free I will try it. I liked Atomic alot can change the way the clock looks on a daily basis as they have many skins available and they update new skins often.I would like to see a few cool tools moved over to LINUX, but since Linux is more configurable I cannot Complain.

flyyourway Guest

U R Welcome WEEone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information