Thread: Zonealarm+Vista(+SP1)+Checkpoint support=LOUSY! BSOD & VPN errors.

robned Guest

Default Zonealarm+Vista(+SP1)+Checkpoint support=LOUSY! BSOD & VPN errors.

So here is my story. I hope some of the Gurus on this site, who migh have a fastlane to Checkpoint HQ, might spread some light how sad the product is on the Vista machine. I can only refer to how negligent support has been on two issues of quite important concern.
    1) Blue Screen Of Death. I can accept it happens once in a while. Like months apart. But not several times a day as soon as high bandwitdth data is going upstream or downstream. The faulty file is tcpip.sys according to the error. But the actual probelm is Zonealarm for Vista. There has been complaints here and also at microsoft technet amongst other places. The problem lies in a flooded tcp which gets defective and crashes with a pretty nice BSOD a few times a day. Remove or just shut down ZA and I have no problems. Happens on 2 (two) different machines - one laptop and one
    custom made htpc, both running Vista. On the htpc this started after going from free ZA firewall to Paid for ZA Suite. Thank you for my money's worth.
    2) So, upgrade to SP1 you say. Oh well. Nice of you. SP1 in conjucture with ZA makes it impossible to access VPN!!! This has also been adressed on several forums, like this and microsoft technet. Uninsttall ZA and it works like a charm.
    So Checkpoint has even gone out public and informed how closely they work with Microsoft on the TDI changes. Well, make it worth my while.
    Meanwhile - I shouldn't have to wait 4x24 hours and still not hear anything from Zonelabs after 1) sending in a ticket request to support 2) calling in a ticket request as well.If I served our company's customers this poorly, I would be out of business. Hey, they even wanted to give me premium telephone support at a cost... Why pay for something I already know? The software is faulty.
    So, to all the Gurus out there. Someone must have a direct link to GOD at Zonelabs HQ and feel compelled to pull their sleeve? Please, if you will, tell them how **bleep** support is working to 1) inform customers of the allready known issues 2) Release upgrades for allready known issues 3) Return to customers in good time that have requested assistance 4) make my money feel worth something. I'm running 20+ licenses private and at my office and I'm getting fed up. So, do I have to pull the plug or can I expect some decency?
    Regards.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zonealarm+Vista(+SP1)+BSOD & VPN errors.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>robned wrote:
    So here is my story. I hope some of the Gurus on this site, who migh have a fastlane to Checkpoint HQ, might spread some light how sad the product is on the Vista machine. I can only refer to how negligent support has been on two issues of quite important concern.1) Blue Screen Of Death. I can accept it happens once in a while. Like months apart. But not several times a day as soon as high bandwitdth data is going upstream or downstream. The faulty file is tcpip.sys according to the error. But the actual probelm is Zonealarm for Vista. There has been complaints here and also at microsoft technet amongst other places. The problem lies in a flooded tcp which gets defective and crashes with a pretty nice BSOD a few times a day. Remove or just shut down ZA and I have no problems. Happens on 2 (two) different machines - one laptop and onecustom made htpc, both running Vista. On the htpc this started after going from free ZA firewall to Paid for ZA Suite. Thank you for my money's worth.2) So, upgrade to SP1 you say. Oh well. Nice of you. SP1 in conjucture with ZA makes it impossible to access VPN!!! This has also been adressed on several forums, like this and microsoft technet. Uninsttall ZA and it works like a charm.So Checkpoint has even gone out public and informed how closely they work with Microsoft on the TDI changes. Well, make it worth my while.Meanwhile - I shouldn't have to wait 4x24 hours and still not hear anything from Zonelabs after 1) sending in a ticket request to support 2) calling in a ticket request as well.If I served our company's customers this poorly, I would be out of business. Hey, they even wanted to give me premium telephone support at a cost... Why pay for something I already know? The software is faulty.So, to all the Gurus out there. Someone must have a direct link to GOD at Zonelabs HQ and feel compelled to pull their sleeve? Please, if you will, tell them how **bleep** support is working to 1) inform customers of the allready known issues 2) Release upgrades for allready known issues 3) Return to customers in good time that have requested assistance 4) make my money feel worth something. I'm running 20+ licenses private and at my office and I'm getting fed up. So, do I have to pull the plug or can I expect some decency?Regards.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>As a ZASS User with a License Key you can Contact ZA Tech Support for Free at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably with MS IE) Please give them your OS/System Infomation and details of your BSOD..and any info on other Security Programs you may have installed on your Vista Computer before you added ZASS for Vista..When You Click the Submit Button you will receive an Auto-Generated Confirmation Email with your Case Number.. within an hour and a Responce from Tech Support ASAP..The More Details version numbers and computer configuration etc and things you have tried, the better tailored responce to your problem you will get..Maybe this link will help your problem..
    <P class=headredbig>Here is the ZoneAlarm Customer Care page:<P class=headredbig>http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...bsodcrash.html

<B class=headblack1>This Information Applies to:[/B]
    All ZoneAlarm Products<P class=body><B class=headblack1>Summary:[/B]<P class=body>I am getting a Blue Screen Of Death (<B style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #0033ff">BSOD[/B]) on my system with ZoneAlarm running.<P class=body><B class=headblack1>Solution:[/B]

IMPORTANT - VERIFY THESE FIRST

Verify that you have only

- Windows 2000 Pro, XP Home/Pro/Vista/Vista Sp1
    - the very latest version of your ZoneAlarm product
    - the very latest drivers for all add-on hardware for your system
    - the very latest video drivers for your graphics card
    - ONE software firewall running (running multiple software firewalls is not supported)

NOTE - If you run Spyware Doctor, be sure to run the Update option to avoid conflicts!

=======================

If ALL of the above conditions have been met, and you still experience the <B style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #0033ff">BSODs, please contact Technical Support at:[/b]

http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform

- Is the <B style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #0033ff">BSOD[/B] reproducible? Include step by step instructions for reproducing it.

- Do you get any specific error message or STOP code?

- Did anything change right before the <B style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #0033ff">BSODs[/B] began?

- What is your Operating System? Is it fully patched and updated?

- Include your product name, and all of the version information given on Overview -&gt; Product Info.
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948534132
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3665
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.248.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3665

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 04-12-2008 06:47 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Zonealarm+Vista(+SP1 BSOD & VPN errors.

Hi!please report to ZA technical support... no use to post this here ZA staff does monitor this forum we all user here :8}ZA technical support: www.zonelabs.com/tsformZA customer support: www.zonelabs.com/csformMore users reporting this problem more likely developers will look into it.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-13-2008 09:51 AM

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Default Re: Zonealarm+Vista(+SP1)+Checkpoint support=LOUSY! BSOD & VPN errors.

New OS and a new SP and a new security.
    Nice recipe for troubles.
    Kind of makes me happy for staying with XP.
    Until Vista finally gets the creases out and get it straight (like XP SP2 did).
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Please read the Following Links on the SP1 and VPN problem..http://forum.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=51983http://forum.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=51763---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948987138
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3705
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.248.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3705
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Actually the ZA does not rely on TDI filtering for the Vista versions. The ZA Vista built on Microsoft s Windows Filtering Platform API, not the TDI.
    It was originally planned to use TDI for Vista, however once MS radically changed the kernel while in beta, ZL went ahead and designed the firewall based strictly on the Windows Filtering Platform API.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information