Thread: The merging of all Security Companies into a Large Conglomerate

riceorony Guest

Default The merging of all Security Companies into a Large Conglomerate

Who wouldn't like that? (besides the individual companies that is)

If the companies like Norton, McAfee, NOD32, B i tdefender, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, and yes even mr. PandaSecurities all worked together to share definitions or even joined up, what a powerful team that would be.

Singularly, each company individually has flaws in their programs, but together they should dominate!

Similar to the merging of Checkpoint, Cisco, ZyXEL, and SonicWALL for firewall development.

Default Re: The merging of all Security Companies into a Large Conglomerate

Count me out.
    I will stick to the ZA and Avira. These are already the best firewall and the best antivirus there is to be found. Also el cheapo netgears do just nicely for home use.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

riceorony Guest

Oldsod,

What is your review of the **bleep** firewall? Recent reviews have shown interesting aspects compared to ZA's

Whatsa **bleep** firewall??
    There must be around just *bleep* firewall or is that just a bleep firewall?

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

riceorony Guest

Lol i like how some words are bleeped out

It's C o modo

I tested the first betas (more like alpahas they were that rough) ever made.
    At the time it resemble more like adware (ads for the company and it's products) then genuine freeware.
    Plus it did have a lot of problems - well it was the beginning.
    They did keep releasing newer betas until it did finally get good enough to be released and they got rid of the ads for the company and it's products.
    At that point I stopped using it - my betas testing fun was basically finished. And the firewall although not bad was not quite to my liking.
    I trialed another of the later versions and both some of the v2 and v3 (I did trial the pre-beta releases for the v3 but successfully as I kept getting BSOD - this no longer happens and the v3 does work okay for my computers).

V2 they definitely should have continued it's development and give it a few more releases to get rid of the logging and backup bugs and for the odd user with the memory over-run.
    Plus a few things needed to give the firewall some more control over the actual firewalling rules and policing. Other then that, not bad at all. Good. But I would expect the finite control of the ZA for creating rules and the nice & easy to use GUI of the ZA in a firewall for full time use (I have used almost every paid and freeware software firewall there is or has been for the past few years, so this is just my opinion). v2 is good. This is not a one day or week opinion but a three month opinion - a fair trial time period not a snap judgement.

V3 is too much for some and not enough for others. Some were disappointed with v3 and liked v2 much better. Other expect v3 to keep getting more controls. I find the HIPS to be okay but not as configureable as I would like in something such as System Safety Monitor which is the one I tend to favor.
    Some find the v3 conflicts with other HIPS and other security programs and others do not.
    The firewall layout is okay, but the actual firewall panels are not as easy for the average new user. But the newer color is a definite improvement over the previous blue.
    Good and okay but not the ZA Pro which I still like the best.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

riceorony Guest

Thanks for the excellent review

and your prize:

Thank you.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 07-25-2008 02:18 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information