Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you add the "Press CTRL+ALT+DEL" screen for a logon screen?

Default Re: How do you add the "Press CTRL+ALT+DEL" screen for a logon screen?

thank you thats exactly what i needed and i love the price "free"
    thanks robdog
    (c)robdog 2010 (picture & SN)
    (please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having

You are very welcome!
    Maybe you will try the free logon software and change the logon screen too?
    Actually got a matching logon image and desktop wallpaper - kind of a seamless flow into the actual desktop when starting and closing windows.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

have one problem
    i used the boot skin program
    everything worked for a while but after a few seconds at startup i get the dreaded bsod (cannot get data on the exact error)
    but when i disabled the bootskin in safe mode windows started normally
    i doubt this is normal should i report this to the developer of boot skin or am i doing something wrong
    thanks robdog
    (please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having

Something went wrong.
    Set the ZA program control to medium and made sure the program was entered in the program list?
    Installed the bootskin program in the program directory?
    Checked the window dump for info?

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

the programs site says some computer manufactures do something to keep the program from running and since the crash happens at startup i cant find a dump file and the screen disappears too fast to read it even if you try to hit pause screen
    thanks robdog

Checked the Event Viewer?
    Odd that hardware would be an issue as it is a windows application and not a BIOS change.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

it wasnt saying hardware on their site it was the way some companies have windows files set
    thanks robdog

Checked the site for other versions that may not conflict with the system's bios and drivers?

http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/downloads.asp

Maybe worth a try.

If that still does not work, then maybe the editing method is the way to go:

http://www.wincustomize.com/Articles.aspx?AID=97764

http://www.rgross.de/tutorial/etutorial.htm

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information