Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.12.36

avon Guest

Default Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.12.36

Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.12.36 =
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...;promoid=BUIGP

Version test for Adobe Flash Player =
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...&sliceId=1
    edit:Clickjacking Security Advisory<div class="entry-content"><div class="entry-body">

We have just posted a Security Advisory for Flash Player in response to recently published reports of a Clickjacking issue in multiple web browsers that could allow an attacker to lure a web browser user into unknowingly clicking on a link or dialog. This potential Clickjacking browser issue affects Adobe Flash Player s microphone and camera access dialog. A Flash Player update to mitigate the issue will be available before the end of October. In the meantime, users can apply the workaround described in the Advisory.

http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/

Message Edited by avon on 10-15-2008 06:17 PM

Message Edited by avon on 10-15-2008 06:18 PM

Default Re: Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.12.36

Thanks Avon

What is clickjacking? How does it work? read here http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11535

<blockquote><hr>Greb49er wrote:
    Thanks Avon

What is clickjacking? How does it work? read here http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11535
    <hr></blockquote>
    IFrames I usually disable in the browsers and along with controlling (allow/not allow) javascripts in the browsers and in the Privacy, the clickjacking exploit can be avoided.
    Usually the browsers get frequent patches or upgrades and the any possible exploits/vulnerabilities are remedied - so keep your Windows and browsers fully updated.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

there is however a problem with the flash update i (and a few other people i have been in contact with) am having problems with firefox and the recent flash update (i have reported it to adobe)
    if you notice certain pages with flash enabled don't load or when you right click settings the screen freezes might want to do what i did and back up (only in firefox)to version 9 of flash
    i have not noticed any problems with the 10 version in ie7
    thanks robdog
    (c)robdog 2010 (picture & SN)
    (please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having

Works okay for me in Opera and IE and in the desktop.
    But I used the flash uninstaller first before downloading and installing the new flash player.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_14157

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

it's just firefox on certain sites
    youtube and most known video sites have already gotten it to work already
    one site that i have noticed it doesn't work on is the music channel on charter.net
    thanks robdog
    (please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having

Maybe it is a adblock or noscripts issue?
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

i don't think that explains why if i back up to the last version of flash 9 the sites work again
    also if i try to go to settings on any site the whole flash player freezes untill i either refresh the page or close the browser
    thanks robdog

This makes me glad I use Opera - the plugins usually work.
    Tried the firefox/mozilla forum?
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

i gave up on firefox and went opera (loving the features better than firefox)(other than no support for forcefield) still cant get 10 version to work on certin sites (charter radio one of them)
    youtube and well known sites work correctly with v 10
    also would like to know what my system keeps doing since every time i boot the system i get the check disk and it keeps finding errors in the index files and when it fixes them i keep losing files (some system)
    also would like to know what happened to my directdraw files since everytime i use ie, or any program that uses ie pages, the page flickers on any motion graphics

wondering if it's time to format the system or time to get a new hard drive (if thats the culprit (would hate that since it's only 2 years old)

Message Edited by robdog on 11-08-2008 10:33 PM
    thanks robdog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information