Thread: Hacker Def/Alert/Log / Intrusion Prot/Detec System / Sure up Windows Vulnerabilities etc

thedillinger Guest

Default Hacker Def/Alert/Log / Intrusion Prot/Detec System / Sure up Windows Vulnerabilities etc

I notice zonealarm does not have any software that would act in the below ways...
    Anti-Hacker Defense/Alert/Logging / Intrusion Protection/Detection System / Sure up Windows Vulnerabilities etc
    Can zonealarm make software that could build into the internet security suite either as a seperate add on or part of the main program.
    Also does anyone know any good software that will fullfil these roles?
    Software that can defend itself from attack, by hackers wishing to disable it.
    Anti-Hacker Defense (code that will thwart a hackers attempts to access, modify settings/registry/files, gain passwords / other info, install etc)
    /Alert (alert the user in real time they have a hacker a big red pop up box, also sending details about the hacker to the software makers to log the attack, before any tracks of the attack are erased), sophisticated software that can determine whether an internet connection to your pc through all the various methods is a hacker or malicious etc
    /Logging (log all details of the hack and what the hacker / malicious software caused on your pc, a way of following their every move and thwarting them of course)
    Intrusion Protection/Detection System (software that performs both tasks and does so very well... i notice these systems are usually for servers and not for desktop pc's.. why is that... is there any desktop solutions?, i feel there is a need.
    Sure up Windows Vulnerabilities (ms windows is not secure by default, ive found this out already... been hacked before, caught users on my pc when i logged off, it said there was a user connected to my pc... that really annoyed me, i felt the windows software should be capable of at least telling me when another user is logged into my pc, but no... so im looking for software that will do that and much more... i reinstalled windows again, auto updated to service pack 3 and noticed that remote control / desktop / invitations were on by default... this is just one glarring problem amongst others... the windows logs do not log security info like log ons and log offs and policy changes etc... not sure if a hacker did connect he would show up in that list anyway?.. it may be a way of telling if you were hacked... i have a list somewhere, probably lost now of certain changes i should make to windows to help sure up security... found from trawling the internet for info... things like giving every account including guest a password, turning guest off (off by default i think)... there were also some services on by default that i turned off, cant remember which now... and registry changes i made... to remove windows shares etc and otherwise tighten security.
    i'm sure i only managed to scratch the surface of what needs to be done in order to better secure a windows pc.
    i would like some software that would protect all manner of settings on the pc... hardware / software, registry, proccesses, startup, policies, router/modem/ip etc, services (protect them and also stop/query new ones that are added... go through the list and turn off the dangerous ones etc hoping they would not cause other programs not to function, maybe the software could listr programs that would need that service etc.., protect the logs/event viewer info, network settings, internet settings including internet explorer, email etc, all ini files and other windows info / settings files and all drivers, protects the system restore folder from being infiltrated...
    software that will allow you to go through questions/stages where you set a security level for each component (everything) on your computer so that your pc becomes more secured, as secured as it can be by the end of it.
    not sure if my pc is at risk if i boot the pc and leave it at the login screen?... but on my other computer zone alarm was always the last program in the system tray that would load... i guess its first come first served regarding loading order... but zone alarm wont even install until you have a certain windows update kb so its usually the last thing loaded... anti-virus and other programs that are loaded can cause there to be a big delay (minutes) where you could be unprotected?... or would windows firewall automatically turn on until zonealarm loads???
    is there a way of making zonealarm load first?
    Yes i am very worried that my computer will be hacked into at the moment and have good reason to be worried though i wont disclose why.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default The Best Protection in the Industry..

<DIV class=tabHead_blk>Only ZoneAlarm Security Suite offers this many layers of security to protect you:<DIV class=body>
    <P class=body><DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Award-winning Antivirus and Anti-Spyware <DIV class=moduleSectionText>We don't just scan and remove viruses and spyware, we prevent and disable even the most recent and sophisticated viruses and computer attacks that others miss.<P class=body><P class=body><DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Includes the World's #1 Firewall From the People Who Invented It <DIV class=moduleSectionText>ZoneAlarm pioneered the personal computer firewall used by over 60 million people worldwide, and our parent company, Check Point Software, invented the enterprise firewall used by every member of the Fortune 100. We know how to keep the bad guys out. <P class=body><P class=body><P class=body><P class=body>Fast, Safe, and Easy to use for novices with our new One-Click Fix It interface, yet powerful and customizable for more advanced users.<P class=body><DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Fully compatible with Windows Vista and XP <P class=body><DIV class=body id=tabContents><DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Root &amp; Boot Protection<DIV class=moduleSectionText>Keeps YOU in control of your computer. Guards your operating system from rootkits and other attacks while also providing full protection during startup. <UL class=moduleSectionText type=disc><LI>Operating System Firewall (OSFirewall ) constant protection from even the most sophisticated viruses and spyware, rootkits, and kernel-level threats. </LI><LI>O-Hour Rootkit Protection blocks silent rootkit outbreaks from gaining system access.</LI><LI>Program Control restricts programs from malicious activities, blocking attacks that by-pass other defenses.</LI><LI>Early Boot Protection protects your operating system during start-up. </LI>[/list]<DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">#1 Firewall <DIV class=moduleSectionText>Proactively protects against inbound, outbound, and program attacks while making you invisible to hackers. <UL class=moduleSectionText type=disc><LI>Inbound &amp; Outbound monitors and blocks threat traffic in either direction.</LI><LI>Full Stealth Mode makes you invisible to hackers.</LI><LI>Kill Controls instantly disable malicious programs.</LI><LI>Passes Independent Leak Tests* to verify complete blocking, see test results.</LI>[/list]<DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Antivirus <DIV class=moduleSectionText>Award-winning antivirus stops, blocks, and removes attacks before they infect your PC. <UL class=moduleSectionText type=disc><LI>Advanced Antivirus Engine deliver the broadest and deepest protection that stops malicious software that other systems ignore. </LI><LI>New Scan Modes run faster, deeper, and provide customization options.</LI><LI>Kernel-Level Virus Prevention protects at the operating system level. </LI><LI>Fastest Updating Signature List detects and stops even the most recent viruses that others miss.</LI><LI>Inbound and Outbound MailSafe quarantines suspicious attachments, stops harmful messages before viruses transmit to your computer.</LI>[/list]<DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Anti-Spyware<DIV class=moduleSectionText>Award-winning anti-spyware automatically prevents, blocks, and removes spyware. <UL class=moduleSectionText type=disc><LI>Spy Site Blocking prevents accidental visits and malicious communication with spyware sites.</LI><LI>Kernel-Level Spyware Prevention protects at the operating system level. </LI><LI>Dual-Engine Scan catches certain kinds of spyware like adware that others ignore</LI><LI>Fastest Updating Signature List detects and stops even the most recent spyware</LI>[/list]<DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Total ID Theft Protection<DIV class=moduleSectionText>Uniquely combines offline ID protection services with online PC-based technologies to stop thieves from stealing your identity. <UL class=moduleSectionText type=disc><LI>PC-Based ID Protection utilizes a combination of anti-spyware and web browser security to block, remove, and disable programs designed to steal your identity.</LI><LI>Daily Credit Monitoring monitors your credit reports daily with email alerts and reports, and notifies you if there have been changes, which is often an indication of identity theft (US only).</LI><LI>Fraud Alerts &amp; Monthly Reports provided to you.</LI><LI>Victim Recovery Service provides free telephone counseling to guide ID theft victims through resolution and recovery (US only).</LI>[/list]<DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Additional Layers<DIV class=moduleSectionText>Integrates multiple layers of advanced protection for unsurpassed security <UL class=moduleSectionText type=disc><LI>Anti-Spam, Anti-Phishing filters out annoying and potentially dangerous spam.</LI><LI>Parental Control filters and blocks inappropriate websites in over 30 categories; scans uncategorized websites to determine appropriateness. </LI><LI>Wireless PC Protection automatically detects wireless networks and secures your PC from hackers' threats wherever you're connected at home or on the road.</LI><LI>Privacy Protection manages and blocks pop-up ads, online profiling, cookies, and cache. </LI><LI>SmartDefense Service provides real-time security updates, quick response to breaking threats, and leverages threat data from the vast community of users to protect your PC from the latest attacks.</LI>[/list]<DIV class="moduleSectionHead zassColor">Fast, Safe, &amp; Easy <DIV class=moduleSectionText>New interface delivers a simple overview, One-Click "Fix It" buttons, and customization controls for more advanced users. <UL class=moduleSectionText type=disc><LI>One-Click Fix It Interface provides simple overview, 1-button fix if security is off, and easy access to instant upgrades and updates. </LI><LI>Millions of Programs Pre-Set automatically configures security settings for millions of programs.</LI><LI>Auto-Learn Mode automatically configures security settings based on your behavior so you don't have to.</LI><LI>Game Mode one-click control temporarily suppresses most security alerts and prevents them from interrupting your fun while maintaining protection for your PC.</LI><LI>My Zone hosts additional security tools, helpful information, and support including LiveChat so you can easily get the most out of your ZoneAlarm products. </LI><LI>Free Upgrades &amp; Online Customer Support for 12 months from date of installation. </LI>[/list]<DIV class=body>----------------------------------------------<DIV class=body>
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:961720816
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4776
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957<DIV class=body>
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time