Thread: Whether to use "PC Tune-Up," or not. . .

Hybrid View

rbwadley Guest

Default Whether to use "PC Tune-Up," or not. . .

Kim Kommando once recommended "System Mechanic." I used it for several years. Upon buying a new computer I was alarmed to learn that "System Mechanic" may have been damaging the Registry on my old computer. From a year of inquiries to Iolo Technologies, I received no response to my inquiries. Eventually they just refunded 1 1/2 of my subscriptions. I wonder if I should install "PC Tune-UP" as I would like "safe" maintenance to my system. Would someone offer an opinion or a warning regarding the use of such "registry maintenance" software" Thank you.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Whether to use "PC Tune-Up," or not. . .

<blockquote><hr>RBWadley wrote:
    Kim Kommando once recommended &quot;System Mechanic.&quot; I used it for several years. Upon buying a new computer I was alarmed to learn that &quot;System Mechanic&quot; may have been damaging the Registry on my old computer. From a year of inquiries to Iolo Technologies, I received no response to my inquiries. Eventually they just refunded 1 1/2 of my subscriptions. I wonder if I should install &quot;PC Tune-UP&quot; as I would like &quot;safe&quot; maintenance to my system. Would someone offer an opinion or a warning regarding the use of such &quot;registry maintenance&quot; software&quot; Thank you.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    Other ZoneAlarm Product

<hr></blockquote>I agree with your observation..from past experiences I have learned that the fewer add-on utilities you install the better off you are..IMHO, Registry Optimizers and Computer Tune-up programs can cause more problems than they are worth..
    just like Kim Comando who
    praises the products of
    the Sponsors of her Talk show, many Computer product businesses have side agreements with other computer product makers..like PC-Tune-Up.. the Original maker of the Product provides the Support for those products..

For Computer maintenance I only use A good HD Defrager, and a Free product like &quot;ccleaner.exe&quot;
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:965566052
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200812.5005
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957

Thread Information