Thread: adblocker.css

Default adblocker.css

Something I assembled together and found this works okay so far, for a few others and myself
    But it is still in the experimental stage, so be fore warned. It may well block something you wanted to see. And it definitely miss a few things here and there as this is not a complete blocking filter.

It was designed for the browser Opera as a user css to block ads/unwanted flash/certain iframes/banners/etc, but this file will be easily adapted for Firefox browsers.
    It can be adapted to be used as a Firefox userchrome css. Or is that supposed to be a usercontent css for Firefox instead of userchrome css?

What this css file does is prevent lots of unwanted junk from appearing in the browser's pages.
    Thus giving a more pleasing effect to the eye and saving some time for the browser to render the pages.
    It will stop some unwanted content from actually getting downloaded into the browser, so there is a limited saving of bandwidth and a small gain in security. But do not rely on this adblock css as a security measure.

Download the file from here:

adblocker.css

Best regards.
    Oldsod.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 01-05-2009 12:58 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: adblocker.css

To the all forum members,
    Guru Oldsod was kind enough to share his adblocker.css with me about a month ago.I've been using this with Opera, try her out you won't be disappointed.

findley Guest

Oldsod,
    Awesome!

Thank youFindley

<blockquote><hr>Findley wrote:
    Oldsod,
    Awesome!

Thank youFindley
    <hr></blockquote>

I am very glad you like it (and knew what to do with it too, as I never gave any instructions on how to use the file!).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information