Thread: Help! IE 7 upgrade fails

mrkohler Guest

Default Help! IE 7 upgrade fails

I tried to upgrade me Ie6 to Ie7.
    Downloaded the IE7 upgrade .exe file and ran it.
    It goes through an install prcess then tells me ai Have a failure and cannot upgrade.
    Looking at the Microsoft support site I noticed articles about ZA not playing nice with some products.
    Any way around this?
    Also getting similar problem when trying to upgrade Adobe reader (tells me my platform is not supported.
    My local PC tech said Za was the issue and suggested that the only wqay around the problem is a comlete uninstall-reinstall.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Help! IE 7 upgrade fails

Click here &gt; http://it.cas.psu.edu/training/howto...ie7.htm#topic2<hr>- In ZA Suite - shut-off all the options for anti-virus and anti-spyware/ spy site blocking in tabs.- in ZA program control you may lower to 'medium' or 'low' or 'off'- in 'privacy' protection
    &gt; main
    &gt; all &gt; shut-off/ down- if you have any other anti-spyware you may need to 'temporarily' shut-off/ shut-down
    if the above does not work, you may do a 'temporary' complete shut-down of ZA Suite. Right click ZA tray icon &gt; shutdown ZA Suite. (this does not un-install ZA; just a shut-down and will restart - the next time.)<hr>If there are any error codes or messages, please report them.<hr><hr>For Adobe, please go their website and search for info for upgrading. Sometimes there is an 'un-install' tool or instructions needed before installing a new version. Adobe Reader
    is
    rather large at over 100MB - if you rarely need/ use adobe - there are smaller alternatives &gt; Foxit Reader - you may wish to pursure that course; of course research un-install of Adobe and install of Foxit as alternative.

Thread Information