Thread: ZA Install Files

jimwh Guest

Default ZA Install Files

I am having something odd happen. At least I see no reference to it anywhere. When ZA is running on my computer I am unable to access any of the ZA install files. Both current and old. Attempting to delete or even get properties in Windows Explorer causes WE to hang and have to be shut down. When ZA is not running I can access them. I even tried shutting down ZA and then deleting the install files. That worked. But when I attempted to clear the recycle bin when ZA was running it said the file was in use. - Any ideas? Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

zaswing Guest

Default Re: ZA Install Files

What is WE?
    What installer files are you trying to get rid of? The files used for installation are never active so there should be no problem deleting them. If you list the exact filenames you are trying to delete, someone might be able to help.

jimwh Guest

Sorry. WE is Windows Explorer. I was referring to earlier downloaded versions of the ZA install file.I am not on my home machine at the moment or I would supply the exact names.

zaswing Guest

If the filename resembles "zapSetup_80_059_000_en.exe" (this for za-pro) then you get delete, though wouldn't you like to keep the file you used last to install?

If not, post your list.

Thread Information