Thread: Lack of Timely Support

boiler Guest

Default Lack of Timely Support

Today I purchased ZoneAlarm Extreme upgrading from ZoneAlarm Security Suite. I did this after receiving an upgrade email. I proceeded to install Extreme but encountered an error message about ForceField not being able to start. Looking at the online technical help I found that ForceField does not work with a Vista 64-bit processor yet the Extreme specifications say that Extreme does work with a Vista 64-bit processor. The ZoneAlarm Extreme would not let me turn off ForceField even though there was a option to do so. I next went to the online chat support and was told they did not handle technical questions, then gave me a link to submit an email about my problem. I do not think I should have to wait for a email response to a problem I was having then and in particular for software I just bought. So I went back to the online chat and said I wanted to talk to someone. They gave me a phone number which I called. I was informed that it would cost me $2.00/minute for the honor of talking to someone. I believe this level of support is just plain bad. I spent over an hour navigating the support system for a problem I was having with a product I just bought. Needless to say I requested a refund. With today's economic situation one would think that customer satisfaction and support would be important to a company. I guess ZoneAlarm thinks otherwise.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Lack of Timely Support

<blockquote><hr>Boiler wrote:
    Today I purchased ZoneAlarm Extreme upgrading from ZoneAlarm Security Suite. I did this after receiving an upgrade email. I proceeded to install Extreme but encountered an error message about ForceField not being able to start. Looking at the online technical help I found that ForceField does not work with a Vista 64-bit processor yet the Extreme specifications say that Extreme does work with a Vista 64-bit processor. The ZoneAlarm Extreme would not let me turn off ForceField even though there was a option to do so. I next went to the online chat support and was told they did not handle technical questions, then gave me a link to submit an email about my problem. I do not think I should have to wait for a email response to a problem I was having then and in particular for software I just bought. So I went back to the online chat and said I wanted to talk to someone. They gave me a phone number which I called. I was informed that it would cost me $2.00/minute for the honor of talking to someone. I believe this level of support is just plain bad. I spent over an hour navigating the support system for a problem I was having with a product I just bought. Needless to say I requested a refund. With today's economic situation one would think that customer satisfaction and support would be important to a company. I guess ZoneAlarm thinks otherwise.

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

<hr></blockquote>
    Free Technical Support (by email) is here:

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...pport-form.htm

Free Customer Support (by email) is here:

http://www.zonealarm.com/csform

For those who are interested.

Boiler, sorry about your problems.
    Oldsod.