Thread: ZoneAlarmPro/Kaspersky incompatibility

cybersully Guest

Default ZoneAlarmPro/Kaspersky incompatibility

Does anyone have any info on Kaspersky antivirus and ZA Pro being unable to coexist? I see no mention of it here in the forum.
    I just tried to update my AV
    (AV only, not the suite)
    to the 2009 scan engine and it wanted me to uninstall ZA because it said that they are incompatible. I've had no issues with Kaspersky 2008 and ZA. Unbelievable!!!
    Is this conflict really true or is Kaspersky just yanking my chain thinking I'm gonna jump for their firewall?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

cybersully Guest

Default Kaspersky AV 2009 and ZA Pro incompatibility

Does anyone have any info on Kaspersky antivirus and ZA Pro being unable to coexist? I see no mention of it here in the forum.
    (AV only, not the suite)
    to the 2009 scan engine and it wanted me to uninstall ZA because it said that they are incompatible. I've had no issues with Kaspersky 2008 and ZA. Unbelievable!!!
    Is this conflict really true or is Kaspersky just yanking my chain thinking I'm gonna jump for their firewall?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

Message Edited by cybersully on 03-16-2009 06:57 PM

Default Re: ZoneAlarmPro/Kaspersky incompatibility

<blockquote><hr>cybersully wrote:
    (AV only, not the suite)

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

<hr></blockquote>

YUP.
    Kaspersky wants to be the big dog in the yard.... so uninstall the ZoneAlarm, then install the KAV, and then re-install the ZA Pro. This is should satisfy the KAV's over-bearing posturings.
    And it should work - and be sure to add the vsmon.exe and zlclient.exe of the Zone Alarm to the Trusted Zone of the KAV.
    That is ...if the the KAV still uses trusted, as I have not used any kaspersky products in few years now and use another antiviral software.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

cybersully Guest

Thanks Oldsod,Your advise worked like a champ!

<blockquote><hr>cybersully wrote:
    Thanks Oldsod,Your advise worked like a champ!
    <hr></blockquote>

You are welcome.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information