Thread: SYSTEM RESTORE

rtrg Guest

Default SYSTEM RESTORE

I was doing a search and came across someone who has the same issue, that is a non functioning SYSTEM RESTORE for xp pro. The question therefore is there a way, short of reinstalling the OS, to repair the RESTORE? If not is there a way and place I can download an EXACT replacement? Failing that is there a Program that can REPLACE RESTORE, that will function in much the same way, independently of the existing program? As an example, WMP 6.4.9.1 from MICROSOFT is NOT available for xp. K-LITE and others have a CLONED version for xp WITH codecs. It looks and performs exactly like the original. I am hoping the same is true of RESTORE. So far I have not been able to find a solution. Any help welcome.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

akaoperator Guest

Default Re: SYSTEM RESTORE

What exactly is restore NOT doing? Does it not complete a restore, or does it not start up at all?If you are getting an error message after trying to restore to a previous date that it could not complete and no system files have been changed, try this:Boot to Safe Mode with Command PromptEnter c:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe. (note: Your Win install may be c:\winnt)When the GUI comes up, pick a date you'd like to restore to and let it run.
    I found this to work when all other methods have failed.
    If System Restore is not starting up or not running at all, you can try here http://bertk.mvps.org/html/reinstall.html
    for a solution.
    HTH.

Thread Information