Thread: multiple entries .

Hybrid View

grandmere Guest

Default multiple entries .

I have numerous entries of InstallShield(R)set. Do I need them? thanks!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: multiple entries of installshield temp installers

No. InstallShield are temporary installers when downloading/ installing new upgrades/ updates - new software - you can open ZA program control while installing new software and you will see them pop-up/ enter program control. After finally installing new software you may delete them from ZA program control - possible the next day - after your sure the installation is complete and the software is running fine ( if the software does not function/ problems &gt; you may want to keep the temp installer exe. ? - may try to run again - optional - or run another download attempt).<hr>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InstallShield<hr>http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...212354,00.html

grandmere Guest

I have problems after each update from ZA or Windows. It maybe because I use &quot;alternate user&quot; rather than my Administrator log in . These problems usually go away in a few days. I think that the updates are the causes of the Hangs in FF that many ZA users are complaining about. Thank you for your help. I am going to look at the the link you provided , I had already Googled and knew what Install shield purpose , but I never had seen so many entries. I didn't even know I could erase some of the entries , I am always afraid that I'll do something wrong and make matters worse which couldn't be corrected. I know it must seem silly to you , I learn everyday...

naivemelody Guest

In ZA program control, temp install files can be safely 'removed' from the list - this does not &quot;actually delete or un-install&quot; anything (it just removes the entry from the list); if there is an important/ essential file or program 'needed' for your pc - it will come back on the list in ZA program control. Right click entry and click &quot;Remove.&quot;
    Click here &gt; http://forum.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/...d=48153#M10032
    To actually 'delete or un-install' temp files from your pc- you will need to put them in recycle bin/ use cache cleaner/ use cleaning tools/ utilities
    -like CCleaner, etc. or use windows cleaning 'temp files'<hr>In your
    computer itself
    there are 'installshield applications' that should not be removed unless you are sure of what you are doing.
    (this is not the same as the temp install files listed in ZA program control after you have recently download/ installed new software/ hardware)

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 05-29-2009 11:38 PM

grandmere Guest

Thanks again. Grandmere

Thread Information